Hacking IOS60 good?

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want to play my wad games off of my SD card. The only problem is I get a "failed to load" error message upon attempting to play it off my SD. I heard I need an IOS60 patch to successfully run the wads off my SD. I found a file that says IOS60patched.wad but I'm afraid to install it for fear of bricking my wii. Is the IOS60 anything to worry about? Should it be installed smoothly theoretically?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
So I want to play my wad games off of my SD card. The only problem is I get a "failed to load" error message upon attempting to play it off my SD. I heard I need an IOS60 patch to successfully run the wads off my SD. I found a file that says IOS60patched.wad but I'm afraid to install it for fear of bricking my wii. Is the IOS60 anything to worry about? Should it be installed smoothly theoretically?
IOS60 is the system menu IOS for 4.0 and 4.1. be very careful what you do with it if you are on one of those versions.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its possible to get from nusad as well, i know u can get it from xzeros stiky guide in the modify.zip. those are the only 2 i would trust as ios60 is what sm 4.0/4.1 runs on, and if u screw that u screw your SM. but anyway, yes that will fix your problem.

edit: ninja'd by bwillb

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bugaveli said:
i think its possible to get from nusad as well, i know u can get it from xzeros stiky guide in the modify.zip. those are the only 2 i would trust as ios60 is what sm 4.0/4.1 runs on, and if u screw that u screw your SM. but anyway, yes that will fix your problem.

I have system menu 4.2. Is that going to be a problem? Also to the above poster, I have Dop Mii, is it simple to use if I have the Wad?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
bugaveli said:

I have system menu 4.2. Is that going to be a problem? Also to the above poster, I have Dop Mii, is it simple to use if I have the Wad?
4.2 uses IOS70. hack away
tongue.gif

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:
bugaveli said:

tongue.gif

Ahhhh so let me get this straight so I dont mess up lol. I should download IOS70 then because of my system menu and it will include the fix I need from IOS60? Also should I try using NUS downloader to find the IOS70 for me because I don't want to find the wrong wad?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:
bugaveli said:

tongue.gif

Ahhhh so let me get this straight so I dont mess up lol. I should download IOS70 then because of my system menu and it will include the fix I need from IOS60? Also should I try using NUS downloader to find the IOS70 for me because I don't want to find the wrong wad?
no... if you are runnign 4.2 you already have IOS70. don't touch it. IOS60 is less important though, is what im saying
wink.gif

though im not sure if thats even really what you need... where did you get that info anyway? have you tried other cards?
also to make sure i understand what you're doing, you are talking about VC/WiiWare right? keep in mind that needs enough space on the wii system memory to load that game even if it is on the sd.

in any case to answer your other question, no matter what you are doing make sure it is from a reputable source.

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:
bugaveli said:

tongue.gif

no... if you are runnign 4.2 you already have IOS70. don't touch it. IOS60 is less important though, is what im saying
wink.gif

though im not sure if thats even really what you need... where did you get that info anyway? have you tried other cards?
also to make sure i understand what you're doing, you are talking about VC/WiiWare right? keep in mind that needs enough space on the wii system memory to load that game even if it is on the sd.

in any case to answer your other question, no matter what you are doing make sure it is from a reputable source.

yes yes, VC/wiiware. every forum I found says that the only way to fix the error I'm getting is to install a patched IOS60 with Trucha bug or whatever its called. So I assume since I have IOS70, that I need to patch it somehow to get rid of the stupid error.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
yes yes, VC/wiiware. every forum I found says that the only way to fix the error I'm getting is to install a patched IOS60 with Trucha bug or whatever its called. So I assume since I have IOS70, that I need to patch it somehow to get rid of the stupid error.
did you follow a specific guide when you were hacking? seems like you should have everything you need at that point...

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:
did you follow a specific guide when you were hacking? seems like you should have everything you need at that point...

Yes I followed two guides. One I used DOP Miiv12 to downgrade IOS15, Install IOS36 with a fake sign bug, restore IOS15, and removed stubs. Then I followed a second guide to install Waninkokos cIOS249. Right now I can play the VC/wiiware games just fine on my wii and all that awesome jazz. But I still get an error when I try to play with my SD and I have not found a guide to fix this.
frown.gif
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is using some protection nonsense that needs to be bypassed.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
bwillb said:
mysterio90210 said:

Yes I followed two guides. One I used DOP Miiv12 to downgrade IOS15, Install IOS36 with a fake sign bug, restore IOS15, and removed stubs. Then I followed a second guide to install Waninkokos cIOS249. Right now I can play the VC/wiiware games just fine on my wii and all that awesome jazz. But I still get an error when I try to play with my SD and I have not found a guide to fix this.
frown.gif
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is using some protection nonsense that needs to be bypassed.
If you just patch IOS60 with DOP-MII, like people have already said, it should let you boot WiiWare/VC off the SD card menu.

It doesn't matter what System Menu you are on or what IOS that SM uses... as long as you have 4.0+ just patch IOS60 with DOP-MII.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
haha thank you very much for the help everyone. Let me just get one last thing straight. I'm patching IOS60 and NOT IOS 70??
yeah you usually won't want to touch IOS 70

mysterio90210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoomph said:
mysterio90210 said:
haha thank you very much for the help everyone. Let me just get one last thing straight. I'm patching IOS60 and NOT IOS 70??worst troll ever

WHAAA I'm not trolling. I want to make sure because I dont want to brick my wii. and it just really weird to be patching IOS60 some other guy told me to patch IOS70 and m yhead EXPLODED.

Posts merged

bwillb said:
QUOTE(mysterio90210 @ Aug 16 2010, 04:20 PM)
haha thank you very much for the help everyone. Let me just get one last thing straight. I'm patching IOS60 and NOT IOS 70??

thx amigo! Does anyone know if Im messing with v6174 or v6400 which is stubbed?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They're wrong. IOS60 is not used by 4.2 at all. In fact patching the system menu IOS isn't even needed to play pirated wiiware/VC from the SD menu.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysterio90210 said:
whoomph said:
mysterio90210 said:
haha thank you very much for the help everyone. Let me just get one last thing straight. I'm patching IOS60 and NOT IOS 70??worst troll ever

WHAAA I'm not trolling. I want to make sure because I dont want to brick my wii. and it just really weird to be patching IOS60 some other guy told me to patch IOS70 and m yhead EXPLODED.

Posts merged

bwillb said:
QUOTE(mysterio90210 @ Aug 16 2010, 04:20 PM)

thx amigo! Does anyone know if Im messing with v6174 or v6400 which is stubbed?
stubs are useless, garbage data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr