Hacking IOS254, Patchmii and DVDx questions

BlackEnigma

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
221
Country
United States
I was looking at AnyTitleDeleter and I see that I have IOS254.
Is this safe to delete? I read that it is patchmii core.
Deleting IOS254 won't break DVDx or anything else right?

As for DVDx, which IOS does it use to install?
I'd like to know if I can uninstall it and reinstall it without any problems.
How about if I wanted to use the installer for before version 3.4?

By the way, my Wii:
System Menu 4.0U
HBC
cIOS36 rev 10
DVDx (3.4 version)
USB 2.0 cIOS installed at IOS222
IOSes downgraded using IOS downgrader (the IOSes downgraded were 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 21, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, and 36)
Custom MIOS rev 03
Wads: USB Loader forwarder channel, Wii Backup Launcher, and Gamecube Backup Launcher
 
wiiman123 said:
You can delete ios254, but dvdx won't work anymore until you reinstall ios254 or reinstall dvdx with a different ios such as ios202, ios222, not sure about ios249.

Thanks for this Wiiman

And I can assume that since you say reinstall at IOS202 or 222 (which can't be done with DVDx 3.4) that I can use the pre 3.4 DVDx installer even though I am on System Menu 4.0... presumably because my IOSes have been downgraded?

My IOS60 is not patched.

And if you or anyone else knows, I would still like to know which IOS DVDx originally installs to, specifically the one the 3.4 installer installs to since there is no advanced option in that version.

Thanks

Edit: I don't suppose anyone that sese this has tried using both the 3.4 DVDx installer and the pre 3.4 DVDx installer?
 
BlackEnigma said:
And I can assume that since you say reinstall at IOS202 or 222 (which can't be done with DVDx 3.4) that I can use the pre 3.4 DVDx installer even though I am on System Menu 4.0... presumably because my IOSes have been downgraded?

Wait...did this work? Please let me know as I'm trying to get this to work also on 4.0u.
 
I decided to try it out and fortunately for me, it worked.

Exact steps
Used AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS222
Used usb2 cios installer on MPlayer's google code page to install it at IOS202
Confirmed that a video DVD and a data DVD are working in MPlayer CE 0.5
Used the DVDx (3.4 version)'s installer to uninstall DVDx (the only really scary step)
unsure.gif

Used AnyTitleDeleter to confirm that DVDX was gone from the Hidden Channels list
Confirmed that the same video DVD and data DVD would not play in MPlayer CE
Used the original DVDx to advanced install at IOS202
Confirmed that the same video DVD and data DVD were working again and they were (victory)
yay.gif

Checked AnyTitleDeleter to confirm that DVDX was back under the hidden channels section

I'd say the important thing was to have my IOS downgraded which allowed me to use the DVDx installer even on 4.0

Now I guess my only question that remains unanswered is which IOS does DVDx install to if you just install normally?
But I guess it isn't that important.
 
Ok thanks for the update. This sounds like what I need to do also.

But where can I download the IOS Downgrader?
 

Site & Scene News