IOS Patching?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Raqib12, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

IOS Patching? by Raqib12 at 7:20 AM (412 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Raqib12
    OP

Member Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm currently on 3.2U, with SoftMii installed. For every ISO I download, I always brickbreak and IOS patch to 30, as, I don't see the harm in it.

Just to clarify, IOS patching will NEVER have any downsides in the future, right? I don't know why it would, but, I know people who get by without it.

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Some games won't function properly and this is likely to be an expanding list as time goes on. IOS may contain specific code that games require to run or at least need to work 100% (like Rock Band, which contains USB drivers for it's instruments on it's own specific IOS).

In short, there is a reason why games use specific IOS... whether it's merely the latest one Nintendo tells it's licensees to use or because it has specific code needed by the individual game.

Really, with softmii installed there is absolutely no reason to do the IOS patching and as new games come out with new IOS it could be a short term workaround it doesn't usually take long for these patched IOS to surface.