Hacking IOS Downgrader problems (ret=-1) help please

daveb2508

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the gamma and now the gamma with 002 upgrade and I am getting the same errors at the stage of ios downgrader and cios downgrader, that when down loading ticket it comes up with error (ret=-1). From what I can see all over this site and the web , this is a common error but despite all advice I have tried, I keep geting the same results.

I have a RVL001 (AUS) which I bought in Dec08 with 3.3E preloaded. All stages work fine until I get to the IOS downgrader. I have tried rebooting my router and access point and deleted the connection and reinstalled it (using wireless). I have reformated my SD card and tried a different SD card. In frustration I even updated to 3.4e last night to see if that made any difference.

I have tried by leaving the home brew channel there and repeating the rest of the steps, as well as deleting the channel and starting from the top. Always comes up with the errors in IOS and CIOS downgraders.

During My fisrt install, while I was still at 3.3e, i ran the CIOS installer which went through witout issue, but could not play a burnt game using the loader (possibly because of disk issues) I used Nero to burn a Ritek DVD-R at 4x speed which is what I use for PS2.

Got any thoughts as to what I might try next. It would be worth while making a stick on this if I finally get through this, coz there seem to be a lot of others with the same problem.

Help please - Dave

D

Deleted User

Not really bugaveli. This one, is IOS Downgrader, it is not WAD Manager.

Try ARC mod-5.

D

Deleted User

Yea, i know, forgot to add "as kitt said".

And bugaveli, in all your recent posts, I've only seen you flaming noobs to search and read, why dont you?

If you read, it's IOS DOWNGRADER not WAD Manager, so broken SD Card is out of the window,

daveb2508

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks kitt, I have downloaded softmii 1.0, so I will give the ARC a try. Seeings I already have Homebrew installed, There shouldnt be any reason to re install should there?
Zelda has to go back to Video EZY today! But I can always rehire it. Fingers crossed , I'll report back l8er

daveb2508

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the Google solution generally, This is unfort. 1 of the only times google has let me down. But it did bring me to this site, so maybe not?

daveb2508

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, still getting errors.

Pressed go in ARC M5, selected yes to continue, then a quick flash screen of errors and wii menu reboots.
sad.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was this one of those apps that required all accessories be unplugged? meaning. nothing in the USB ports, no GC controllers, or mem cards connected.... Worth a shot...

daveb2508

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing else plugged in except SD card of course. My guess is that it is not finding the internet?
However it finds it for the connection test, news, weather,shop and update.
Has anybody downloaded the IOS files in the last few weeks since I have been trying. Maybe they are no longer there to find?

Would a usb-ethernet cable adaptor help? (I have the cat 5 and access point within 20cm of my wii) but I dont have a USB thingy ATM (only $8.00 from EBAY though)
Is there any way to get this IOS files without downloading them as part of the IOS downgrader process?

My Access point also serves my PC and PS3 with the same settings and they acess the internet fine. It is connected to a 4 port router then to a ADSL modem acting as a dumb modem. As I know my IP address for the Wii, is there a port I need to forward to the Wii or should I try turning off the firewall on my router to do this, then turn it back on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1