OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

So I'm still reaaally noob to IOSs and stuff, yeah?
Just a quick question: which IOS is best to keep loaded right now (for me via Multi-Mod Manager)?

And if someone says something like:
"run USB loader via 224 ... "
That "224" is the IOS that's set like above, right? Not something else?

Thanks!

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, this is reaalllyy pissing me off.
I downloaded / installed:

cIOS249[57] v20
cIOS250[57] v20
from
cIOS249[57] v19
cIOS250[37] v19

.. in hopes of getting Black Ops's multi and zombie to work.
However, it didn't so I reverted (by installing) my previous two cIOSes, but now I encounter two problems:

1- As soon as I die in Black Ops (when you hear the med sounds), the screen goes black but switches to normal once I come back to life.
2- If I try to access the Wii menu via the home button in-game, the screen just stays black.

I don't get why it's not playing as it was before I updated the IOSes.

Someone please help. Dealing with IOSes has to be one of the most stressful things I've ever done..

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
Okay, this is reaalllyy pissing me off.
I downloaded / installed:

cIOS249[57] v20
cIOS250[57] v20
from
cIOS249[57] v19
cIOS250[37] v19

.. in hopes of getting Black Ops's multi and zombie to work.
However, it didn't so I reverted (by installing) my previous two cIOSes, but now I encounter two problems:

1- As soon as I die in Black Ops (when you hear the med sounds), the screen goes black but switches to normal once I come back to life.
2- If I try to access the Wii menu via the home button in-game, the screen just stays black.

I don't get why it's not playing as it was before I updated the IOSes.

Someone please help. Dealing with IOSes has to be one of the most stressful things I've ever done..
I think I know how to help but at the same time I was messing with Wii stuff before 4.2 update so I am not really sure what new cIOS's have been released and such. I suggest following on of the tutorials they have about hacking 4.2 because they usually have the best cIOS setup .

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is that it was working with setup 2 (v19s) (listed in my previous post), then I updated to setup 1 (v20s), then back to setup 2. But this time it was messed up!

Does updating cIOSes then having certain games running off them mess with the game itself?
Would re-ripping / re-downloading the game make any difference?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like you have been going back and forth between different cIOS revisions installing them via WADs. This is a great method to really mess things up. Not only are you likely to lose track on what you last did, using WADs instead of the cIOS installers adds the uncertainty of the WAD contents and condition.

I would first recommend confirming what cIOS you have installed at the moment; SysCheck works well for this. Then I would install cIOSx rev20b with an IOS57 base as IOS249, this has been confirmed to work with CoD:BO.

The game image should not become corrupted by merely changing what cIOS you used, but stranger things have happened. To rule it out, just replace the image with a known good backup. If you have to re-rip or re-download, you may want to check the game image you have with Wiimms' ISO Tools first, might save you some time and hassle.

One question though, how are you playing your backup? Disc? USB? What loader?

-[]D

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I've been away from this scene for a while.

Im still running 4.1e and cIOS 14 on 249 and NeoGamma 8 I think. I remember last using some patch files for getting Super Mario Bros Wii to work.

So is it better for me to install cIOS 20b on 249 and use Hermes 5.1 to use 224?

Is WiiFlo better the NeoGamma for compatability, I use a USB drive?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
Sounds like you have been going back and forth between different cIOS revisions installing them via WADs. This is a great method to really mess things up. Not only are you likely to lose track on what you last did, using WADs instead of the cIOS installers adds the uncertainty of the WAD contents and condition.

I would first recommend confirming what cIOS you have installed at the moment; SysCheck works well for this. Then I would install cIOSx rev20b with an IOS57 base as IOS249, this has been confirmed to work with CoD:BO.

The game image should not become corrupted by merely changing what cIOS you used, but stranger things have happened. To rule it out, just replace the image with a known good backup. If you have to re-rip or re-download, you may want to check the game image you have with Wiimms' ISO Tools first, might save you some time and hassle.

One question though, how are you playing your backup? Disc? USB? What loader?

-[]D
For the SysCheck thing.. if it's the "running as ___" thing, it's IOS61.

I ran the installer and chose
249 > 57 v5918 > 249
And the installation was successful.

What do I do with it now? Just run BO under 249 like usual?
In which case Multi and Zombie still lead to a frozen black screen, the dying black screen occurs, and it freezes after I try to return to the System Menu.

Also, the cIOSx installer makes it almost 3-4 times longer to load into USB CFG. :\

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiser said:
For the SysCheck thing.. if it's the "running as ___" thing, it's IOS61.

I ran the installer and chose
249 > 57 v5918 > 249
And the installation was successful.

What do I do with it now? Just run BO under 249 like usual?
In which case Multi and Zombie still lead to a frozen black screen, the dying black screen occurs, and it freezes after I try to return to the System Menu.

Also, the cIOSx installer makes it almost 3-4 times longer to load into USB CFG. :\
The important thing in the Syscheck report is to know what revision of CIOS you have installed, and if you have any stubs. For example, if you have the following IOS installed:
QUOTE said:
-Waninikoko's cIOSx Rev20b:
CIOS249 with IOS56 Base
CIOS250 with IOS38 Base
-Herme's CIOS Rev4:
CIOS202 with IOS38 Base
-Herme's CIOS Rev5:
CIOS222 with IOS38 Base
CIOS223 with IOS37 Base
CIOS224 with IOS57 BaseYou would see the following lines in the Syscheck report:
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
Note that Hermes v5+ and any Waninkoko cIOS installed as IOS250 gets there version number maxed out, this can be misleading and why you should always know what you do or have done to you Wii. We're (I'm) getting off-topic a bit here....
'
As far as getting slowdown using Waninkoko's cIOSx rev20b, try using Hermes' v5.1 cIOS 224 with an IOS57 base instead. Confirm that CFG Loader has been set to use the correct IOS after installing Hermes cIOS. You might want to search on COD:BO and multiplayer as many people have had the same issue. There are many thread about the issue, and plenty of things to try.

-[]D

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@-[]D

I'll try and get the revision here once I get back from school. Only 2 hours late. 8-)

@harmor

Would doing so affect anything else? Ie homebrew functionality.. or is it like... 100% safe?
Sorry, starting to get a little skeptical now. Wii hacking = complex. x.x

Thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr