Hacking IOS 57?

xfcrowman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed a description of a new IOS posted on Wiibrew and I have found that it can be downloaded using NUSD (00000001-00000039 v5404). Does anyone know anything more about this new IOS? On wiibrew it claims that this new IOS is related in some way with Wii Sports Resort. Can anyone confirm with a legit copy of this game and WUFE?

xfcrowman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm NTSC-U and at the moment I don't have Wii Sports Resort. It's good to know that this new IOS isn't required for Wii Sports Resort - I'm just curious if there are any games out there yet that do require it.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this ios 57 has updated usb module's, like ./dev/usb/ehc.. is added .... i tested myself and even normal usb 1 acces fails on ios 57 so they definitly changed the usb module, this probably includes usb 2.0 support but no way to acces it now at the moment

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
nicksasa said:
this ios 57 has updated usb module's, like ./dev/usb/ehc.. is added .... i tested myself and even normal usb 1 acces fails on ios 57 so they definitly changed the usb module, this probably includes usb 2.0 support but no way to acces it now at the moment
o rly? ehci? awesome. hopefully, we'll see some usb 2.0 periphals for the wii soon.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Do you people use loaders?

yes i use beardface's loader it is great.
also works on usb loader cfg

seems this ios is for adding official usb 2 devices to future releases either games and/or add ons
does this mess with the usb loaders if i install it then?
i dont think i need it so going to not do that just yet.

launch day pal wii, sys menu 4.0, hbc, bootmii, cios rev 10, beardface loader, usb 2, toshiba 320g HDD,

xfcrowman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

I understand that both disc and USB loaders run games using a cIOS rather than from an unmodified IOS. I was just interested in whether this IOS is necessary for any retail (i.e. legit) games that are available yet.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lostdwarf said:
i dont have it either and wii sports resort jap and pal work just fine. therefor this ios is not for wii sports resort.
what region are you?

lostdwarf said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jul 23 2009, 03:42 PM) Do you people use loaders?

yes i use beardface's loader it is great.
also works on usb loader cfg

seems this ios is for adding official usb 2 devices to future releases either games and/or add ons
does this mess with the usb loaders if i install it then?
i dont think i need it so going to not do that just yet.

launch day pal wii, sys menu 4.0, hbc, bootmii, cios rev 10, beardface loader, usb 2, toshiba 320g HDD,

As i expected. IOS57 could still be the Wii Sports Resort IOS.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't understand it.
cry.gif

WSR work without IOS57!
WSR work from dvd without IOS57!
WSR work via USB loader without IOS57!

IOS57 have some new/better features and changes.
But for what ... WSR ...?

I get IOS57 via NUSD and it's installed in my Wii but nothing @ WSR has changed if i start it from USB or DVD.

So what has this to do with WSR?

Edit:
I use a PAL Wii with 4.1e (and since some hour it has IOS57
biggrin.gif
).

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
HiBit said:
So what has this to do with WSR?
It's possible the US version of Sports Resort will use it. As you've said numerous times, the Japanese version does not.
If the Japanese version doesn't (presumably PAL doesn't either), the US version will not. A different IOS is never used when a game is brought to another region (except for Korea).

xfcrowman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower is correct - you would only need this IOS if you have a legal purchased copy of a game that requires IOS57. All loaders (disc or USB) rely on a cIOS to play a game.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
nicksasa said:

nope, it is only speculation from the guy who updated wiibrew wiki and he's probably wrong:
he thought that ohci0 was something related to USB 2, which it doesnt

ohci only supports USB 1.1 and ohci0 is probably only a modified/renamed oh0 module

...it probably fails because homebrew (libogc) access the USB port as /dev/usb/oh0 and it doesn't exist anymore

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If you are softmodded and play the backup IT DOES NOT TOUCH ANY IOS!

ahhh i see, so having this ios will not change my access to my hdd? ie it will not kill usb2 support for homebrew? need to know as i run everything off my hdd, like mplayer/alarmii/wii physics, and a couple of backups through usb coverfloader.

i am buying wii sports resort next week so i can read the manual and get another motion plus so need to know before i make any problems for myself if the retail disc uses this new ios.

thanks for any help wiipower

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:

Using the right now. I'll check, if it needs IOS57 in about a hour.

-> Isn't required as far as I tested. Blocked update without IOS57 installed and the retail works fine. Does the game even use USB peripherals? Never saw such a feature. Not on the backup, not on the retail.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
If you are softmodded and play the backup IT DOES NOT TOUCH ANY IOS!
And the retail version too. It work without IOS57 and also there is no IOS57 installer on my pal dvd.

Edit:
Det1re was faster, but here it's the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.