Hacking IOS 57?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i am 30 hours of gameplay through pal version now and can say for sure there is no need for usb at all, odd that this is there dont you think...

really would like to know what wii sports resort uses this for if at all, our usb loaders use ios249 so i think its for future games and/or peripherals.

in fact the only thing i can find it uses that other games do not is it uses wifi to get Mii's from the check me out channel... is that something to do with it ?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if someone is willing to take a hit for the team, as I don't have WM+...

On 4.0 or lower (won't work with 4.1)

Play WSR, create a profile, then restart your Wii after you get thru the opening demo on how to use WM+.

Play a VC/WiiWare Title for a minute or two. Press HOME, then load WSR from a disc (modchip, or retail), not USB HD.

If the WM+ demo plays agian, restart your Wii, install 57, and start over.

Does 57 fix the WM+ demo bug?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
if someone is willing to take a hit for the team, as I don't have WM+...

On 4.0 or lower (won't work with 4.1)

Play WSR, create a profile, then restart your Wii after you get thru the opening demo on how to use WM+.

Play a VC/WiiWare Title for a minute or two. Press HOME, then load WSR from a disc (modchip, or retail), not USB HD.

If the WM+ demo plays agian, restart your Wii, install 57, and start over.

Does 57 fix the WM+ demo bug?

ahh i think you are on to something here... in the jap 4.1 update what ios is used to do the fix? is it 57?
i'll try that after work, not really a hit for the team, just have to do an alt.dol load again if it fails.
i will report back but not till after 4pm uk time, if someone else beats me to it then great.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HiBit, what do you think the SystemMenu updates are for?? They update old IOS's, and install new ones...

I'm guessing that 57 is the WM+ demo video fix for WSR

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:
HiBit, what do you think the SystemMenu updates are for?? They update old IOS's, and install new ones...

But not for this bug. The update from 4.0 to 4.1 only includes the System Menu. No IOS or whatever.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:

With sysmenu i mean only the sysmenu like "RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v***.wad".

And only the sysmenu(RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v***.wad ~ 4.1) is enough to fix the bug with the video.

Edit:

*grrrrr* Det1re was again faster.
biggrin.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
so is it to do with wii sports resort using the check mii out channel to provide a random audience while playing?

apparently someone got a retail pal wii sports resort, blocked the update with preloader and wii sports resort works fine "retail disc" without new ios.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
so is it to do with wii sports resort using the check mii out channel to provide a random audience while playing?

apparently someone got a retail pal wii sports resort, blocked the update with preloader and wii sports resort works fine "retail disc" without new ios.

Guess your refering to my thread Here??, So we're still none the wiser what the update on the disc is for, ive blocked it with preloader for the retail UK version i bought yesterday and the game loads fine, and havent notice any problems yet. Must be for connection with the Mii channel then??

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lettuce said:
Guess your refering to my thread Here??, So where still none the wiser what the update on the disc is for, ive blocked it with preloader for the retail UK version i bought yesterday and the game loads fine, and havent notice any problems yet. Must be for connection with the Mii channel then??
Probably not. As for my understanding the game simply connects to the Nintendo servers, that hold the Mii files, downloads them and swap them on the NAND. So there is no real need for the Mii channel, not even for parsing the Mii files, which is fairly easy to realize.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Some one on another thread siad that they let it do the update and everything still worked fine, so its a mistery what is does then?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Det1re said:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS57

...seems to be in development.
Strange...realy strange...and this is only on Nintys Servers? Nowhere else? So you can't get it with an "official" Update from Nintendo? Why would they do that...gosh, I get it! It's a trap for the hackers! Run away, quick
tongue.gif

No, realy strange...maybe there will be soon a HD for the Wii...who knows. Also, could it be that an IOS 62 is out? At least DOP-IOS tells me that...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Det1re said:
Blue-K said:
Also, could it be that an IOS 62 is out? At least DOP-IOS tells me that...

404'd on NUS Downloader... :/

Yeah, also won't work on DOP-IOS...
frown.gif

QUOTE(skawo96 @ Jul 24 2009, 03:55 PM)
They will probably add HDD channel loading and that's it.
I mean, why would they do that? It's like: "Here, pirates, take our gift of improvements in the USB, and put it in your USB-Loader. Enjoy
smile.gif
". Why would they shoot themselfes in the leg?

And am I realy right, this is only on the Server, nowhere else? You can only get it with via NUS/DOP-IOS?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
skawo96 said:
They will probably add HDD channel loading and that's it.
I mean, why would they do that? It's like: "Here, pirates, take our gift of improvements in the USB, and put it in your USB-Loader. Enjoy
smile.gif
". Why would they shoot themselfes in the leg?

And am I realy right, this is only on the Server, nowhere else? You can only get it with via NUS/DOP-IOS?
Isn't that the same they did with 4.0?

Besides, they might fuck up most of HDD-loading Wii homebrew if they update all the IOSes.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Once thing i have noticed about WSR is that the Wii constanly spins the disc as soon as you turn the Wii on, even when in standby mode (yellow light)
unsure.gif

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's possible that it's a problem with preloader, some other ppl report this problem but they didn't have WSR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a