iOS 5 beta JB

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by gamerboy1995, Aug 22, 2011.

Aug 22, 2011

iOS 5 beta JB by gamerboy1995 at 8:40 PM (645 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. gamerboy1995
    OP

Member gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know if there are any untethered jailbreaks out for the iPhone 4 CDMA version that support untethered? Thanks for any help [​IMG]

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Chances are, they are working on one, but there is no untethered JB yet.

There ARE, however, tethering jailbreaks. Try this: Link

3. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    No untethers for the iOS5 Beta. There is no point in jailbreaking Beta versions or releasing them because non-devs should not be using them. The Jailbreakers look through them for holes but often these are closed in the next Beta release. They need to wait until the release to find an exploit and release since its most likely to stick around. iOS Betas change a LOT between first release and final version.

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No, and there won't be one. (The jailbreaks for beta firmwares are intended for developer use only, like the beta firmwares.)

Releasing an untethered jailbreak for the final, public release would be more beneficial. (Less bugs, it'll be legal for everyone to download the IPSW, etc.)

5. gamerboy1995
    OP

Member gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    okay I was just wondering because I love my phone and iOS 5 looks really awesome but I don't want to try it if I can't get an untethered jailbreak because I spend a lot of time travelling and camping and stuff and I need to turn my phone off when I'm not using it then so I can't use a tethered. I guess I'll need to wait till next month or whenever final version comes out then