Homebrew Invalid signature

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
A few possibilities:
  1. Check 3dsdb.com and find a game in your region which contains precisely that firmware update. Get a copy of the game, run it, and allow it to update sysnand to 9.2
  2. Check 3dsdb.com and find a game in your region which contains any firmware version between 9.2 and 10.3. Get a copy of the game, run it, allow it to update sysnand and then use safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2
  3. Download the 9.2 update CIAs and use sysupdater to install them

Edit - actually if you're prepared to do (2), you might as well do (3), as both involve the use of the 9.2 CIAs and sysupdater, but (3) doesn't require you to find a game with <=10.3.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few possibilities:
  1. Check 3dsdb.com and find a game in your region which contains precisely that firmware update. Get a copy of the game, run it, and allow it to update sysnand to 9.2
  2. Check 3dsdb.com and find a game in your region which contains any firmware version between 9.2 and 10.3. Get a copy of the game, run it, allow it to update sysnand and then use safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2
  3. Download the 9.2 update CIAs and use sysupdater to install them

Edit - actually if you're prepared to do (2), you might as well do (3), as both involve the use of the 9.2 CIAs and sysupdater, but (3) doesn't require you to find a game with <=10.3.
Wouldn't 9.0 also work for this? Or is there something that requires 9.2 that I'm forgetting?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't 9.0 also work for this? Or is there something that requires 9.2 that I'm forgetting?
The only things that are really important for sysnand are whether menuhax works and whether your chosen CFW will work with that sysnand version. Menuhax works from 9.0 onwards. I don't know about CFWs on 9.0, but I know they all definitely work on 9.2. I don't see any advantage or disadvantage either way to 9.0 or 9.2, but it just seems sensible to me to use the most recent exploitable FW version for sysyand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you, i'll do evertything and hope it works, i'll tell you guys the results in a few hours
No worries! Don't forget to do the sysnand backup first! And then do it again as soon as you've managed to upgrade to 9.2. Keep your sysnand backups clearly labelled so you know which is which, and store them very safely.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
To begin, I updated successfully to 9.2-20E, I'm now following the tutorial
Great start! Keep us posted :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and by the way @Atmino, absolutely THE MOST important thing is that whey you come to the part where you upgrade your Emunand firmware version, you must make sure you are in emunand and NOT in sysnand.

Atmino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah... I've done everything properly, and I have the same issue with Dual Destinies and Majora's mask, I'm pretty desperate about those two right now.. it seems that all the possibilities are useless :(

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah... I've done everything properly, and I have the same issue with Dual Destinies and Majora's mask, I'm pretty desperate about those two right now.. it seems that all the possibilities are useless :(
Ok, so what stage are you at now? By the end of that tutorial you should have 9.2 sysnand and 10.5 emunand with FBI installed on the home menu.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not carrying out the db fix leaves you with a corrupt or missing database file. That will result in unexpected behaviour, and it's totally possible that some CIAs would install and others wouldn't in this situation.
That's not how it works. Either you're able to install CIAs or you aren't. With a missing db it would give an error indicating that was the issue. Invalid signature has nothing to do with the db and he is able to install other CIAs so that isn't the issue anyway.
Find other dumps, it's likely that they're bad dumps or corrupted in some way.

Atmino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so what stage are you at now? By the end of that tutorial you should have 9.2 sysnand and 10.5 emunand with FBI installed on the home menu.
I've what you said, everything is okay, and more convenient thank you ^^
That's not how it works. Either you're able to install CIAs or you aren't. With a missing db it would give an error indicating that was the issue. Invalid signature has nothing to do with the db and he is able to install other CIAs so that isn't the issue anyway.

Find other dumps, it's likely that they're bad dumps or corrupted in some way.
That's the only solution I found... but that's weird because as I said, 3 days ago I was still playing Majora's mask without any trouble, but nowI can't install the same cia... I'll try to find other dumps, I hope this is the real issue.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've what you said, everything is okay, and more convenient thank you ^^

That's the only solution I found... but that's weird because as I said, 3 days ago I was still playing Majora's mask without any trouble, but nowI can't install the same cia... I'll try to find other dumps, I hope this is the real issue.
Maybe the file got corrupted since then, it's the only thing that makes sense. I'm sure another CIA file would work.
It might be a good idea to run checkdisk on your hard drive and SD card, there could be bad sectors causing files to get corrupted or similar.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Atmino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys I'll try everything you said in the evening, I'll try to get some rest for now, the 3DS killed my brain lol

Atmino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally, one of you was right, I have the confirmation for Dual Destinies: it was the .cia lol.... I spent hours on a problem that was so obvious... Anyway it works that's the point, I dont't have any confirmation for Majora's mask since I have not yet tried another cia.

I want to thank all of you guys for helping me, I'm a real newbie concerning the 3ds, this issue and your help makes me grow up on the subject, so, you've made someone happy tonight. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10