Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody !

Wiimmfi Notifier is back from the dead !

After being down during more than 1 month since Wiiimmfi.de added CloudFlare to respond to a huge ddos attack, Wiimmfi Notifier is notifying you again for the games you desire to get notified for !

A few huge updates were done to improve the bot and make it run again against all odds :
2.0.0 :
- Telegram and Discord interfaces are now handled within the same program
- Wiimmfi Notifier can get required infos through CloudFlare
- Many optimisations and clean ups

2.0.1 :
- Added a new stat on the info command : the total number of notifications delivered during the session

2.0.2 + 2.0.3 :
- Stability improvements

2.0.4 :
- Discord : Slash commands implemented ! Enjoy autocomplete on commands and better help to understand how to use them.
- Telegram : Fixed a regression added in 2.0, the custom keyboard that lists all commands was not visible when using help command

You can still access the bot by joining it's Discord channel : https://discord.gg/zc4M2Nb
or via Telegram (https://t.me/wiimmfinotifier_bot).

If you are a Discord server administrator, you can add it to your server :P
https://discordapp.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=616629334282600469&permissions=0&scope=bot

Happy (retro) online gaming, even on the most obscure games ! :sp:
let's gooooooooo :grog:

Reactions: Aliogeek

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A new update has been deployed ! V2.0.5 :
- Discord : Global commands "!wp" and "!showplayedgames" are removed. They are obsolete and consume bandwidth since the bot was reading every messages on the guilds to be able to just process these 2 commands. Use equivalent slash command instead : /showplayedgames. Slash commands works from everywhere, and their result is visible only for the requester, which produces less spam and less data footprint.

Reactions: cubes

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The bot was down since 4 days due to CloudFlare security raise up. I've developed a patch at the proxy level to overcome it.

Result : From now, Wiimmfi Notifier is able to notify you again (:

Reactions: cubes

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The bot is totally stable since the last incident.
2 new updates were made :

2.0.6 (01 December 2021) :
- Games parsing stability improvement

2.0.7 (18 December 2021) :
- Log4j2 has been integrated to the project to handle logging clean
- HikariCP has been integrated to get more stable and powerful database access
- Heavy refactoring
- Code optimisations, to reduce CPU cost complexity of some common operations
- Fixed a bug that was blocking the ability to unfollow games that does not exists anymore on the Wiimmfi games list page

Reactions: matt!

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like it's very, very stable ! Let's try to be as stable as an updated Nintendo 3DS if it will be ever possible D:

unknown.png

In almost 35 days of non stop uptime, 111 131 notifications were delivered through Telegram and Discord ! (:

Wiimmfi games list page was scraped successfully through CloudFlare 91 035 times during the whole uptime.

• Love

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I play a games that are of low popularity,
  • GTi Club Supermini Festa
  • ExciteBots
...it would be very useful to be able to see the friend codes and/or names of anybody that is playing.

That way I can see if it's a new user and make more of an effort to play and onboard them than existing players who already know how things work.

Maybe
  • At the end of the "is now being played" message
or
  • separately requiring my to issue `/users` command
or
  • a new type of notification when a new user comes online

Currently to see this info I need to go to the website.

Thoughts appreciated!

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I play a games that are of low popularity,
  • GTi Club Supermini Festa
  • ExciteBots
...it would be very useful to be able to see the friend codes and/or names of anybody that is playing.

That way I can see if it's a new user and make more of an effort to play and onboard them than existing players who already know how things work.

Maybe
  • At the end of the "is now being played" message
or
  • separately requiring my to issue `/users` command
or
  • a new type of notification when a new user comes online

Currently to see this info I need to go to the website.

Thoughts appreciated!
Hello,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.
I cannot see the pseudos of who is online excepted if I make a request each time a game is played to ask Wiimmfi to send me the list of connected players for a specific game. Unfortunately, I am already making 2 requests per minute through CloudFlare just to get the connected count of all online-enabled Wiimmfi games. I am afraid to be blocked if I do anything more than that. Many requests have to be done to implement your need (one network request each time players are starting to play a game).
I recommend you to bookmark the page of that two games on your internet browser and to go check each time you get a notification.

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1650318559242.png

Hello everybody !

After around 118 days of uptime, I had to reboot the server to do maintenance operations.

The bot was running since any issues during that time, scraping through CloudFlare.

Since then, it was serving notifications for a total of 216 users.

The Wiimmfi games list was checked 307 775 in total. 522 952 notifications were sent for the players.

Right now the bot is offline, but it should go back online shortly. I am waiting for an answer from the hosting provider.

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

The bot was down since a few weeks since the CloudFlare bypass wasn't working anymore.
It is now fixed, so the bot is giving the service again by giving notifications to the games YOU want to follow connections from.

I hope someone there is still enjoying it :)

Reactions: Mr.Faq2015

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Had issues again with CloudFlare, so the bot was taken offline 4 days ago and was also pretty unstable during 2 last weeks.
I spent some hours today to deploy fixes to the bypasser, It should be fixed and return to stability again from now.

I hope someone there is still enjoying it :yaysp:

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

New updates have been deployed :

9 months after the last one ! V2.1.0 :
- Optimisations to be able to remove useless caching and gateway intents that were creating useless traffic with the Discord servers
- Grammar fixes, as suggested by @lord Phantom🎭
- Direct message commands processing has been removed to comply with Discord policy that deprecates this practice. Slash commands must be used to interact with the Discord bot.
- The userID now identifies Discord text channels ! That mean that each channel is now it's own user. This means that you can use slash commands on a channel, to configure it to follow games and the notification messages will be dropped directly on the channel, not in private message. This gives more freedom to the user and to Discord server owners.

V2.1.1 :
- Removed rich presence text "DM me to follow games", which is now obsolete since slash commands are mandatory

V2.1.4 :
- External librairies updated
- Better errors handling when Discord channel is not reachable. The bot will detect it without crashing and remove the user completely from it's memory to not spam the Discord API any further.

V2.1.5 + 2.1.6 :
- Discord DM notifications should work again

Please note that the Discord database of the bot had to be wiped up for that update. So, you need to configure again the games you want to follow.

Enjoy

Reactions: cvskid

Aliogeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

The project is still running and used by some players around the world to help them with their matchmaking.

I deployed a new update yesterday that was made to help the bot to pass the Discord bot validation process :
V2.1.7 :
- Inactive accounts auto purge after 30 days has been implemented. To avoid deletion of your account and stop being notified, use any command (ex : infos) to reset the 30 days counter)
- New command "deletemyaccount" to give the opportunity to delete your account (your preferences) at any time instantaneously

I just received the confirmation that my bot is validated by Discord !
It does mean it can now be added to more than 100 servers. Since it was already added to 100 discord servers, new server owners were stuck and couldn't add it to their own !

Now I can proudly announce that they certified it, so it is fixed !!

Thank you all for your valuable support for this hobby project

Reactions: matt! and V800

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The above message may explain why my notifications stopped around March 20. Probably a lot of people that setup notifications once and then only consume them have been kicked.

Today I thought that it can't be over a month since my favourite game was played online. 🤔

So now I have reactivated my notifications. 😅

Trophies
XP
Hello !

The problem i attempt to solve
On Wiimmfi, it's difficult to find players on less popular games (Bomberman 2/Blitz, Mario Kart DS...). Most of time nobody is online on these games, so the matchmaking rarely happen within reasonable delay.

The project
It allow you to get notified when someone connect on the games you want to follow, and when the game get deserted again. It is a Telegram Messenger Bot, which means you can get these notifications even on your phone.

Tip : enable the notifications of the bot when you're at home, ready to play, then cut them off when you don't want to get disturbed.

How to use it ?
If you want to use Discord instead, look below
1) Download Telegram messenger : https://telegram.org/
Your login is your mobile phone number, which means that the registration process is very fast, secure and convenient. Telegram application is very lite, much more comparated to Discord so don't feel afraid to discover it, even if you will use it just for that.
I've decided to not make a Discord bot, because Discord infrastructure is less stable comparated to the one of Telegram (more down times). In addition of that, Telegram max message limit is much higher : 4000 characters comparated to 2000 for Discord.
2) Add user wiimmfinotifier_bot : https://t.me/wiimmfinotifier_bot
3) You're almost there : just follow the desirated games using the straight forward commands of the bot, then wait for notifications to arrive
smile.png

ALTERNATIVE FOR DISCORD USERS
You can access it by joining it's Discord channel : https://discord.gg/zc4M2Nb

If you are a Discord server administrator, you can add it to your server :P
https://discord.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=616629334282600469&permissions=0&scope=applications.commands bot

This bot has exactly the same features as the Telegram Bot.
Edit : It can now react on channels using command !wp or !showplayedgames

A screenshot
f133902e3cf233eb1fe2c2f165b4dd69.jpg

Technically speaking

It is a Java program, communicating with the Telegram Bots API and extracting the data from the Wiimmfi games list each 60 seconds.

About personal data
I can't see any of your personal data. When the bot receives a message from the Telegram Bots API, each request includes a Unique ID (it is a number) corresponding to your Telegram account which is what I use to identify you. That's it. I can't see your IP address/phone number etc.

Enjoy
cool.png

P.S : The code of the bots is available there https://github.com/CapitaineBidouille/wiimmfinotifier
Hi there!
I noticed something you could do with the bot that doesn't require the use of a phone or Discord account.

Because the Wii has a EMAIL service you can register an EMAIL with the bot and when you send a command it replies back. If you don't want it to be an EMAIL, [if you know how to] you can code it with Wii Mail instead with RiiConnect24.

Just a suggestion: Nothing special.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night