Gaming Internet only works with static IP?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanna ask around if anyone knows how to remedy this. I am running on Windows 7 and I can only have Internet access via Wi-Fi if I set a static IP. If I use a normal IP address, I still get access to the router but I can't have access to the Internet nor the router's settings. I tried using a static IP and it's the only way for me to have Internet access. What those two have in common is that I can't access the router's settings. Everytime I try to, it always gives me the "Server not found" message.

Can anyone help me?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the only thing I can think of which would is a thing called direct access which allows only 1 IP to connect the the net all others are not allowed, or you have a corrupt config on your router, the direct access I have only ever seen on a sitecom router and I used that with my cable modem at the time, I suggest you might contact your router tech support for help if there isn't a solution for you here.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try to check your router's DHCP. It's probably just not giving you an IP. Maybe it's turned off or something?

Or you could try to force it to give you a new IP by resetting your router (plug it out for 10 seconds, plug it in again).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0