Internet Channel Wii 4.2E

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kvmthebest, Jun 27, 2011.

Jun 27, 2011

Internet Channel Wii 4.2E by Kvmthebest at 7:02 PM (1,110 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Kvmthebest
    OP

Newcomer Kvmthebest Newbie

Belgium
    Hi, I was just wondering if you could install the Internet Channel manually, without having to update the Shop Channel manually.
    I don't need the Shop Channel to be updated as I never use it, though I want to have the Internet Channel on my Wii.
    Or does the Internet Channel needs IOS of new Shop Channel?
    And what's the best way to install it, from WADManager or Dop-Mii or something?
    Can someone give me step-by-step details please? [​IMG]

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    The Shop Channel is your gateway to all (official) channels. If you update it manually, (and block online updates with Priiloader), then you can download/update all channels from there without having to create wads for each one. If you only want to update one channel manually, it makes logical sense for it to be the Shop Channel.

Downloading the Nintendo Channel isn't possible from NUSD or ModMii for legal reasons, so that isn't an option unless you find an illegal, and possibly corrupted, wad (WHICH I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU DO).

3. Kvmthebest
    OP

Newcomer Kvmthebest Newbie

Belgium
    Thanks for your fast reply.
    So you suggest updating the Shop Channel, okay.
    Well if that is what has to be done, I will.
    Yes, I have Priiloader installed and blocking updates.
    Do you reccomend Dop-Mii, offline installation, Dop-Shop or WiiSCU?
    As there are such alot methods doing so, and I don't know what is the easiest.
    Also if offline install, first install shop channel ios and then v20 wad?
    Anyway, thanks!

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Offline is easy, and what I recommend. Load ModMii, download IOS56 and Shop Channel wads, put them in "SD:\wad\", and use MMM to install both wads.