Hacking Internal testing of new kernel has started ...

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there.

According to windirt post in official Chinese board, the next kernel fro ezv will be release soon.

Source

It seems that we no longer need ezsave.lst file. Great news !

Thanks to FayriOS for the translation.
wink.gif

Seeker108

Trophies
Website
gamer60.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm disappointed the EZ V users have pretty much vanished from this site. Its expected i suppose, since the EZ Team has been so quiet with updates.

Anyway this is great news, and I look forward to its release.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the EzV users are gone, they just never had any problems with any of the releases so far
biggrin.gif
hence no hassel for an update to play the latest release.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep we are still here but not much to talk about. The games still just work. homebrew works. An update would be nice but I got nothing to complain about.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
*Waves hello* What he said
smile.gif
Any problems I've had are already documented (download play not working on certain titles), and the two homebrew apps I've had problems with have now been solved. I'm not the type to complain about things not working anyway, if a game I really want to play doesn't work I'd just go buy it.

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm here i'm here! Though i'm still waiting for my ezV, i ordered one and it should be here pretty soon.

Just out of curiosity, why did you order a EZ V? I would think most people would go for the R4 or Cyclowiz.

I have an ezIV for gba and i love it. A friend told me it was good also. I also got a good deal for a ezV + 3-in-1 + 1gig microSD japanese Kingston.
+Everyone goes for an R4 or CycloDS like everyone has a Honda Civic .....
cool.gif

EDIT : i also have a DS-X but... it's so buggy, i wanted a spare cart to use while i wait for a possible update.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZ-team have a good reputation. Their products have a good compatibility rating and updates are handled in a timely fashion these days.

Those others are just popular ......

Riffman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm here i'm here!  Though i'm still waiting for my ezV, i ordered one and it should be here pretty soon.

Just out of curiosity, why did you order a EZ V? I would think most people would go for the R4 or Cyclowiz.

I know your question wasn't to me, but anyhow:

I got my EZ V because it came cheap as part of a combo with the 3-in-1.

Can you tell me why you would think that most people would go for the R4 or Cyclowiz ? Are they better or something ?

I admit I'm a noob to flashcarts in general, but the EZ V has done everything I wanted thus far - So much in fact that I got a second one. I haven't even used the 3-in-1 yet because they sent the Lite version & we're still using the phat.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will take updating the save list. Get a bat file set up to do it all for you. better then arm7 patching a game to make it work or waiting on the card makers to release and update to play that new wonderfull game.

Seeker108

Trophies
Website
gamer60.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell me why you would think that most people would go for the R4 or Cyclowiz ? Are they better or something ?

I admit I'm a noob to flashcarts in general, but the EZ V has done everything I wanted thus far - So much in fact that I got a second one. I haven't even used the 3-in-1 yet because they sent the Lite version & we're still using the phat.

Well, they have more features than the EZ V. The EZ V is also much older cart, and requires updating the save list (which pretty much everyone hates).

I wasn't implying that those particular carts are "better", it just seems that the average informed buyer would go for those carts (for the reasons stated above). If I thought the R4 was better, i would have bought an R4 3 months ago instead of the EZ V. I did extensive research before choosing a slot 1 cart and I am pretty sure i made the right choice. For the reasons stated, on how roms on R4 requiring arm 7 patches, frequent updating etc..

vin20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry guys im a noob but how do you update the sav list. help would be very much appericiated. selda:Ph isnt working at all i just get 2 white screens.

by the way ez 4 is great this is the first problem ive come across.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy my EZV and am quite satisfied with the price of the 3-in-1 bundle it came with. So far the only thing I have had issues with is the download play but that doesn't bother me very much - everything else I have tried to get working has worked without much more than applying a quick patch or updating the save list.

One of the things that annoyed me the most about my old slot 2 flash cart was that it would stick out of the DS Lite and make it more uncomfortable to put in my pocket. I was pleased that the 3-in-1 not only matches the color of my DS Lite but allows me to have that GBA functionality back along with the rumble and RAM expansion.

I'll be sticking with the EZV until any of the newer alternatives really offer something that I can't live without.

I'm also excited to see what the new kernel will have fixed and what it will look like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: titney can't handle her own shit that she has started lol