Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
golden said:
lavamasta said:
if i added the extra sizing with the hd attached and the screen on top it would be huge! wouldnt work for me too well... portablity is what im looking for
wink.gif
not to be mean but it's obv you don't really know what your doing when you want to add a screen to the wii casing since you haven't even taken the wiimote and sensor bar factors into consideration.
ok, first of all, the wii sensor bar is no problem at all... have u not seen the portable screens made specifically for wii?
look at this:http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-7-Portable-Video-Gaming-Monitor-4-in-1-TFT-LCD-NEW_W0QQitemZ250390512975QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item250390512975&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
oh well i thought you were gonna mod it. ya that works but again, 2 more inches of width wouldn't make that any bigger than it would be with the screen noticeably.

if you guys really want to get rid of the DVD drive then go ahead, i am just saying you guys might deeply regret it in the future.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea - can the USB loader support more than one drive? If so why not use USB memory sticks. You could keep the wii vertical and mount them in the stand under the wii and have a small cable connecting them to the usb slot at the back. Easily removable too so you can use your PC to copy games onto them (so much quicker!).

Or this would be a nice solution for mounting a full size HD:

41vdltE6tWL._SS400_.jpg

This view show plenty of room to mount a fan:

414tU7P45fL._SS400_.jpg

WiiMoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Several Solutions to your Punny HDD Problem:

1. Ask Waninikoko when he id going to implement the DVD-DRIVE offset
2.Make a Video- showing your Idea( that pretty much lots of people had in mind at same time-_-')
Asking Waninkoko How to do the Iternal HDD Implemantation with the DVD Offset.

3. Use FlatMii, take out DVD-Drive and put inside the HDD connected to the Wii USB port via outside or modded USB Port inside the wii.

4. Use a Wii DVD-Drive Board, so Loader stick reading and working fine, still space will be available insisde Wii Console.

5. Read, study analyze, debug and recompile USB Loader 1.1 Source Code to see if you find and fix that miscount... (I believe this one its the most promising one)

6.Heat problems with the 1.8 HDD, 2.5HDD or SSD? Well try of using one of this Dock Coolers, Intercoolers and Cooling Fans. Cooling Fans, Intercoolers and Dock Cooling Station

You can also read: Cooling Guide for PC We know its a wii but you can improvise.

Also if you want to tweak and creat your own cooling system check this site: Directron.com chap and good Intercoolers.

There are plenty of early solutions, stick with the one you most like
smile.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neal73 said:
I have an idea - can the USB loader support more than one drive? If so why not use USB memory sticks. You could keep the wii vertical and mount them in the stand under the wii and have a small cable connecting them to the usb slot at the back. Easily removable too so you can use your PC to copy games onto them (so much quicker!).

Or this would be a nice solution for mounting a full size HD:

41vdltE6tWL._SS400_.jpg

This view show plenty of room to mount a fan:

414tU7P45fL._SS400_.jpg

that's a good idea. I'm not sure if it does support multiple drives, if it did you could use 2x32GB sticks and use a cable to link to underneath (within) the stand. Which is plenty of run of least 20 different games. Are there any SD card readers that have mulitple slots so you could just stick 2x32GB flash cards into the USB reader, and it would recognize it as a 64GB stick plugged into a single USB port? That would work perfectly.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
because it's retarded to just get rid of the fucking DVD drive just because you think it's cool to have only a HDD in a wii case. you have no idea what might happen in the future for the console so it's stupid to basically just take your console's optical drive out when you can just make the case slightly bigger, not huge, just a little bigger to accommodate a HDD in.

Don't be a jackass. I could care less about what happens in the future to the console, a USB loader is pretty much all I ever need. I could easily put the DVD drive back in if needed, anyways. I don't want the case any bigger, and I really don't like case mods anyways (except LEDs/transparent/ect). I'm not asking you to get rid of your DVD drive or anything, this is my Wii and i'm gonna do whatever i'd like with it..even if you think it's retarded
wink.gif

lavamasta said:
ok, what im thinking is maybe, if we cant take out the dvddrive. we could take some contents from the dvddrive, and then put the hd inside the dvddrive, and then it might work... kind of stupid probly but who knows :Pand then a external dvd drive could be used for installing your own wii games
smile.gif
i think this could very well be possible in the very near future
smile.gif

lol, i guess you haven't seen the inside of the wii. It's cramped, and in order to make a 2.5" HDD fit inside of the DVD drive, it'd be hell haha. I need to contact Wanin soon. I've looked at the code, and it heavily relies on the DVD drive, but i still don't understand why it matters if i only remove the DVD's board.

QUOTE said:
5. Read, study analyze, debug and recompile USB Loader 1.1 Source Code to see if you find and fix that miscount... (I believe this one its the most promising one)

I'm not that amazing of a coder
wink.gif
.. I'm more of a PHP/ASP person. I'd love to be as talented as Wanin x_x

QUOTEDarkzero51521, is it possible to use something like the FlatMii to trick the Wii into thinking it has an optical drive installed?
I've already ordered one so I guess I can check when it arrives.
(sorry if this is out of line)

I don't personally know how the Flatmii works, and has there been anyone how has tested if USB loader even works with flatmii installed? :x

srsly a 32gb usb stick would be plenty you don't have to have every damn wii game in existence on there when there is at most 15 to 20 games actually worth having on there.
and a usb stick can fit fine on the back right side where the vent is(not the back vent with the fan the other one.)
only real modification would be soldering a extension connector to one of the usb ports to connect the usb stick.
you are really making this a lot harder than it actually has to be.

I have well over 32gb of Wii games on my comp atm, and my 16gb flash drive is full. As i was saying to the guy who got his posts removed by the moderator, i want something with well over enough space that will keep me satisfied for a long time and all the Wii games to come :]..besides, 250gb HD's are cheaper than 32gb flash drives.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
Darkzero51521 said:
250gb HD's are cheaper than 32gb flash drives.
please link this.

Cheap 32gb USB Drive
Toshiba 250GB Hard drive = $8 cheaper for 8x more.

EDIT:
Haha, above poster beat me to it.

Good news! I got the USB loader working without the DVD drive =)

Next step is to get $40 more to order a few parts. I've decided against adding a fan, because of the metal casing above the DVD drive that would make it really difficult. There's a lot of room inside the wii now that the Hard drive is removed. I need to go get some more bits for my dremel to cut another hole for a USB slot.

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Twiggy12 said:
heres an idea why not use a portable/external hard drive s you can easily remove it and add more files, they are pretty cheap now days i saw a 1TB for only $100

You are missing the point of this topic. He's trying to make an internal hard drive modded wii.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
but your putting the harddrive inside??? and with no dvd drive??

so your gonna have to either disconnect it or remove it whenever you add games lol whats the point

Please read through the topic. I won't have to take it apart, or disconnect it to add games. I've got the entire thing worked out, it'll turn out fine. I've just got to get the supplys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-