Interesting...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by macgeek417, Apr 4, 2010.

Apr 4, 2010

Interesting... by macgeek417 at 3:46 AM (854 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. macgeek417
    OP

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    This is interesting...

On a 1.4 DSi at the main menu, press the R button to enter the quick-camera mode. While at this screen, insert an updated AceKard 2i then exit the screen. On mine, this causes it to appear as 'AceKard 2i' instead of danny phantom [​IMG]

Weird.

2. doped505069

Newcomer doped505069 Advanced Member

Australia
    I just tried it it happened 2 me 2 does it enter though ? no it doesent it says an error has occurred.

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Yes...when I do that, the Acekard fails to boot.

You might have actually stumbled onto something serious, if Nintendo could force firmware to load games the way it somehow does when you boot the Camera...they could possibly block flashcarts pretending to be games.

4. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    ^quick delete this topic before ninty finds it!!!!!!

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    but what happens is the DSi in quick-camera mode is loads the game as if it was in a DS lite.
    So even if they discovered how to force the firmware to load the way it does in the quick-camera mode, all they would have to do is make a new update that also changes the DS lite bootloader.

6. macgeek417
    OP

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    The reason that it does this is IIRC because DS Phat and DS Lite units send piece of data 1 then piece of data 2 to the game card when they read it. the DSi usualy sends piece of data 2 then piece of data 1, so here it appears to be doing it like a Phat or Lite. Because the 1.4 updated AK2is are meant to only show up as Danny Phantom when they are in a DSi, they probebly detect if it is in a Phat or a Lite this way, and as the DSi appears to access the card like a Lite or Phat when in the camera, it thinks it is in a Lite or Phat.

So if Ninty released an update that uses this to block flashcarts, wed just need another update to make it always appear as Danny Phantom.
    [​IMG]

7. ykhan

Member ykhan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] yh so um ill just carry on with my pirating/hacking life