Interested: trade a PSP 1000 for a 2000?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BORTZ, Jul 13, 2011.

Jul 13, 2011
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    If i wanted to trade someone my PSP1000 (hacked) how much should i offer to make the trade even, if i was getting a fully hacked/hackable PSP2000?

Im considering getting a 2000 cause its smaller and has extra ram.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    depends on if the person you're trading with knows how to hack their psp or not

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    What do you think that the extra RAM will let you do, and have you handled the 2000 to compare sizes? It's lighter, but not much smaller.

4. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Homebrew, and the latest PRO FW let you adjust the ram cache (games will be read faster) . Besides the TV out which is nice, the better brightness, and screen quality

5. xist

United Kingdom
    And exactly how much homebrew requires it? Virtually zero. And how much difference does the RAM create in cache speeds on the 32MB as opposed to the 64 ....virtually zero. I have both 1000 and 2000's and ultimately the 2000 is nice, but a far from essential step up. TV Out is also pretty pointless given how bad games look on a big screen (i bought a component and used it once...) and the screen differences are vastly exaggerated (see the comparison shots in the tutorial section).

Anyone hanging on the RAM is clutching at straws....a browser? A semi functional N64 emulator? The cache functions in MVS and CPS2PSP?

Nice for almost nothing, but ultimately inessential.

Edit- Half the time a speed boost is most noticeable from actually getting a decent memory stick, and besides the amount of people actually using UMD's as opposed to ISO's makes the cache function kind of a redundant point.

6. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    So Xist, its not worth it? I was liking the smaller/lighter size and the better screen. I wanted the extra ram so i could try to use the Sega Saturn Emulator.

I mean my Phat is just fine. It does everything that i want it to now.

7. xist

United Kingdom
    Give up on the Saturn Emulator...it's not viable for anything. Think of it more as a POC.

Yes it's lighter, and my impression of the 1000 after i compared the two was that it was very weighty, but honestly the trade off is that the 1000 feels so much more durable...it's got a metal frame for heaven's sake!

As for the screen....go look at the picture i posted in my PSP In Profile guide down in one of the spoilers at the bottom. There's a difference but unless you're getting an amazing deal it's not that worth it...the 1000 is slightly duller and washed out but not that it's going to matter to your gaming. Same goes for the sound/speakers.

The 2000 is great, and if you're buying a console from scratch it's a good option, but if there's nothing wrong with the 1000 you have why upgrade unless you have cash to burn?

8. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    No Saturn Emulator? [​IMG] No shining force 3 [​IMG] haha
    No, i understand. thank you for talking me out of wasting money.
    I have actually looked at your pics of th 1000/2000/3000. They were very helpful.