Gaming Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've searched for a while on some info about this, but it's sketchy at best.

What instruments work with BOTH set of games.

Now the reason I posted is because I got the original Guitar Hero with a guitar, but that's fubar now, I'm thinking about getting a new one and maybe getting Rock Band games as well. I was going to make some customs, but keep putting it off too.
Just now I have.. Guitar Hero 3, Aerosmith and World Tour and will be getting Metallica too very soon (when I get a new guitar). I probably will get the Rock Band games too (I'm a real life musician, so obsessed). So when I go to get a guitar or two I want them to work with all the games.

I found this site :
http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

But I don't see any guitar that works with all the games, my son and I used to play a lot together so will most likely get 2 guitars, and it's gonna cost a small fortune. If I need to get 4 guitars in total then my spendings too much to consider drums too (which will be my next big purchase of equipment for the Wii)

From that site my best option is to buy the Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul (with Wiimote) that's the one I had before, but this doesn't work with the first Rock Band game. Seems the best though. (maybe I could just make a custom game for they songs)

So is there any guitar that works with ALL the guitar games ? Or should I just forget about RB1 and go with 2 of them ?
I'm in the UK if that helps, usually I shop at Game or GameStation and they would have that in stock 9 times outta 10. They have them @ £59.99 each, so £120 for two.. thats about $240 ish US.

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice find. I was looking into this a few weeks ago to getting the RB package for the wii. To my disappointment the controllers are not compatible with all the guitar games, like you listed. So I didn't bother getting the package because of compatibility issues. The price is way too much for how little I would play the games, since all my friends have some form of RB/GH game.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've found a few more online in shops etc, but they don't list what games they work with and if you ask a salesman I'm sure they work with everything
rolleyes.gif

I think I'm gonna go with the Les Paul, as it works with everything except RB1, I'll just need to get free time to make a custom with they songs to get them all (I'm a collectaholic
tongue.gif
) Unless someone here knows of a guitar that works with them all.

/me crosses his fingers

After going from guitar to WiiMote the funs just not there as much.

Livy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Play.com had the les paul for £9.99 guitar only(Wii). got one yesterday. not sure how long the offer is on for.

Edit: none of the guitar works only all versions.
as RB1 uses usb guitar, RB2 and GH use wireless.
Bur RB2 can use the RB1 guitar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)