Hacking Installing wii titles onto wii u

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys i have a question. There are wii games we can install onto the wii u with the wup installer. The ones i got from the eshop for example.but they should be exact the Same games as my wii discs or Not? Would ot be somehow possible to dump my wii discs and install them too? My Problem with using USB loaders is that somehow wiiflow crashes back to wiiflow when i Start a game, cfg cant See my games and USB loader gx cant load wii games from sd and I cant attach an USB drive because i have a wii u drive attached already. I dont want to constantly switch them. Its just because of this lazyness i even hacked the console to get rid of the CD changing madness.

Clab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you did the cios installer for your vwii, did you install beta52 or beta53? Beta53 can't load wii games from SD (at least with wiiflow), so if you redo it with 52 it may fix your crash.
That's what worked for me when I was in this situation.

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you did the cios installer for your vwii, did you install beta52 or beta53? Beta53 can't load wii games from SD (at least with wiiflow), so if you redo it with 52 it may fix your crash.
That's what worked for me when I was in this situation.

I used the dx2 thing.... Feeling little dumb rightnow but my that be it? Should i update any other ios?

EDIT: ok looked it up. I used beta 53. Trying to install beta 52 as i get home.

Last edited by BlackZero500,

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
I never really tested this, but can't you Ustealth the wii USB drive and plug it into the back USB ports, then plug the Wii U drive into the front USB ports?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I never really tested this, but can't you Ustealth the wii USB drive and plug it into the back USB ports, then plug the Wii U drive into the front USB ports?
That should indeed work. I know that some people are using 2 drives with their Wii U just fine, one drive for Wii/GC games and one for Wii U. Besides Nintendont being picky about the order of the drives (it doesn't officially support having multiple drives plugged in but people have got it working anyway) there seem to be no issues with it.

BlackZero500

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have a Resolution for my Problem. First, @Clab thanks, beta 52 worked like a charm. Second i can use Ustealth one USB drive and Put my vwii stuff there and it works. Wii u wont See the hidden drive and vwii does Not See the wii u drive. Problem solved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    could you imagine using a usb had drive on a 3ds
    Gift
  • Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras:
    And a special receptor to play xCloud games
    Gift
    And an ice maker for your drinks
    +1
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    and a mouth cup for sedating you before surgery
    Gift
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Ice maker, make me a Root Beer float! lol
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    Starts mario kart 7
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    if i ever get another Old3DS it's gonna be a different color than goddamn blue
    Gift
    3DS had a Super Mario Maker, why not an ice maker?
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i have owned 4 blue old3dses and one black new3ds
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    I got a spam call and the guy hanged up on me when he said he was in DC and I asked how the weather was :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    also, i miss gridlauncher :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    the regular 3ds homebrew menu sucks :angry:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    gridlauncher was much funner
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    I was just being his friend he said I could get 9,000 and I demanded 9 million :sad:
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i liked the themey system, and i like how it had OPTIONS instead of a stupid wrench button that does absolutely nothing
    Gift
    The best salesman in the world is able to sell his product to the CEO of the company that spam
    calls him to sell their own product
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i may not be a good homebrew dev yet but i personally think gridlauncher was much much better than the shit, bog standard homebrew menu
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    it had way more personality, the standard homebrew menu feels like an 3ds applet, developed quickly and without any quirks
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    too bad luma just so happens to completely break gridlauncher , and the fact that it's not maintained anmore
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    hell, even the wii homebrew menu gives me heavy nostalgia, even if it's barely, if at all customiable, but the 3ds
    homebrew launcher is ass
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    rant over
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    thank god i backed up my nand after fixing my 3ds
    , it'd be a fucking chore to do ctrtransfer again
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    either way i should really clear out my microsd, i'm pretty sure the sheer amount of shit i have on it might be fuckin' with my 3ds
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    also i got a SATA Data cable from the tech dudes in the high school, so now i can gain 500 giggitys of extra storage space on my pc
    Gift
    AliceCE @ AliceCE: also i got a SATA Data cable from the tech dudes in the high school, so now i can gain 500...