Installing Vita backups

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ebojo, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Ebojo
    OP

Ebojo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2019
    United States
    Sorry if this has been discussed - I wasn't able to find exactly what I am looking for.

Have a 3.70 Vita. Installed Henkaku and VitaShell via Trinity.

I have 2 backups that I want to install:
    1) .vpk
    2) not sure what to call it but contains (\data\, \sce_module\, \sce_pfs\, \sce_sys\, \eboot.bin)

How do I go about transferring these games and installing them?

Thanks!!

2. ILuvGames

ILuvGames GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    London
    You connect your Vita to a PC/MAC via the charging cable as it has a USB connector at one end. You can also connect to your Vita via FTP but that is a more complicated process if you are not used using FTP clients. Once any drivers are installed by your PC/MAC you can access it like any USB Pendrive/Stick/Disk Drive. Create a folder for putting the vpk files in on your Vita once you have access to it so you know where they are. Copy the vpk files to that folder. Open up VitaShell. Browse to where your vpk files are. Highlight the vpk file by using the cross pad and press x on the the vpk file to install it.

Last edited by ILuvGames, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Ebojo
    OP

Ebojo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the quick response. However, I can't seem to get my computer to recognize the vita as a USB drive. Do you happen to know how to make this work?

ILuvGames likes this.
  4. 666nyan666

666nyan666 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2018
    Japan
    I had the same issue with a Vita i recently modded for a friend. Just would not connect via USB. You could try using FTP via Vitashell.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    which os? I think the usb connection has something to do with smb 1.0.

6. ILuvGames

ILuvGames GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2011
    London
    If you are using Windows 10 and the issue 'is' down to smb 1.0 then you can enable it again by typing 'Windows Features' into the search bar, then opening it, scrolling down to 'SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support' and ticking the box next to it then 'ok' to accept the changes. Reboot your PC and try connecting your Vita again. Microsoft disabled this function in Windows 10 due to security concerns as it also effects network sharing functions.

Last edited by ILuvGames, Aug 14, 2019