Hacking Installing Vita backups

Ebojo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been discussed - I wasn't able to find exactly what I am looking for.

Have a 3.70 Vita. Installed Henkaku and VitaShell via Trinity.

I have 2 backups that I want to install:
1) .vpk
2) not sure what to call it but contains (\data\, \sce_module\, \sce_pfs\, \sce_sys\, \eboot.bin)

How do I go about transferring these games and installing them?

Thanks!!

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You connect your Vita to a PC/MAC via the charging cable as it has a USB connector at one end. You can also connect to your Vita via FTP but that is a more complicated process if you are not used using FTP clients. Once any drivers are installed by your PC/MAC you can access it like any USB Pendrive/Stick/Disk Drive. Create a folder for putting the vpk files in on your Vita once you have access to it so you know where they are. Copy the vpk files to that folder. Open up VitaShell. Browse to where your vpk files are. Highlight the vpk file by using the cross pad and press x on the the vpk file to install it.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Ebojo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response. However, I can't seem to get my computer to recognize the vita as a USB drive. Do you happen to know how to make this work?

Reactions: ILuvGames

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the quick response. However, I can't seem to get my computer to recognize the vita as a USB drive. Do you happen to know how to make this work?
I had the same issue with a Vita i recently modded for a friend. Just would not connect via USB. You could try using FTP via Vitashell.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using Windows 10 and the issue 'is' down to smb 1.0 then you can enable it again by typing 'Windows Features' into the search bar, then opening it, scrolling down to 'SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support' and ticking the box next to it then 'ok' to accept the changes. Reboot your PC and try connecting your Vita again. Microsoft disabled this function in Windows 10 due to security concerns as it also effects network sharing functions.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.