Hacking Installing VC games

mark187

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about so I will go away.

And read up on "Davenport Lyons" if you want to see how quick ISP's are willing to give away your details.
I think you'll find that all the ISP's involved in those cases were compelled by court orders to reveal the customer data... Just as Elo said.

Not just a case of "one phone call" or "literally minutes to catch you".

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
mark187 said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
No, I'm talking about Nintendo dealing with pirates. If this VC hack was for people with modded wii's only and a few pirates were installing some VC titles to their menu then Ninty probably wouldn't give a toss. But now that anyone can install a hack on an unmodded wii that enables them to download games for free from their shop then that's different.
Just how many people do you think are pirating the VC games? Considering the Wii has sold in excess of 20,000,000 units worldwide, I'd guess 1,000 people have installed a pirated VC game, times that by 10 for arguments sake. If 10,000 individual people install a pirated game. That's only 0.05% of all Wiis sold being used to pirated VC games. Hardly epidemic.

You also have to consider potential monetary loss for Nintendo. You could employ the RIAA's "every download is a sale lost argument" but that's bullshit. For me, a person with the inclination to download, execute and install a VC game, is the kind of person likely and able to just use an emulator and would never have bought from Nintendo in the first place, so no monetary loss there.

If you're going to chastise people for installing pirated VC games you should also do it for those creating, running and supplying emulators. After all, all Nintendo care about is it business interests, i.e profit.

I'm not chastising anyone for pirating vc games mate, I agree with everything you've wrote. Nothing to do with these latest VC releases, I'm talking about the ones who are downloading them for free from the VC shop. I was just saying downloading from the Wii shop isn't anonymous, you're leaving details on their logs which they could use to ban you with or anything, why do it? Not worth the risk for a £4 game.

jay1369

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is great guys! There are actual free offers that you can complete to earn stuff. Each point it equal to one dollar so signing up and completing offers is really worthwhile. PM me if you have any other questions!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Elo said:
I know very well what I am talking about..
e.g Sweden: The Anti-pirate lobby group (which sees itself as a form of police) is continously trying to get hold of ISP info for companies etc.. THERE ARE LAWS saying the ISP's cannot give them out..
And as I already said..most of us live in countries where this applies.. you apparently do not,to bad for you
wink.gif

..and if you read through some articles of Davenport Lyons ..you pretty quickly get the picture that they are trying to enforce one countries rules on people from a differant country..yeah right.. Me and most other don't give a flying f* about what laws in the us/uk we are breaching, as long as we ain't doing it locally theres nothing to stop ya..

Ah well, fair play mate. I'm not trying to start a war with my fellow posters but to think Nintendo doesn't care that people are downloading games for free from them seems daft to me. They may not care about people playing back ups but logging on and leeching their goods isn't the same imo and you can bet they're trying to stop it.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you successfully install a VC game and run it at least once, DO NOT delete it! You won't be able to play again for some reason.

If I reinstall using the TP hack, I get a (ret=2) error on the WAD installer and it reboots to the Wii Menu.
If I try to download it, I get a 204037 error from the WiiStore. (Even if I have enough points and space.)

Unless there's some crazy way (that doesn't involve formatting), this is just to warn you.

Scratch all that. Thank you Wad Uninstaller. Phew.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
If you successfully install a VC game and run it at least once, DO NOT delete it! You won't be able to play again for some reason.

If I reinstall using the TP hack, I get a (ret=2) error on the WAD installer and it reboots to the Wii Menu.
If I try to download it, I get a 204037 error from the WiiStore. (Even if I have enough points and space.)

Unless there's some crazy way (that doesn't involve formatting), this is just to warn you.

Scratch all that. Thank you Wad Uninstaller. Phew.

i was going to say that
lecture.gif
thats what the uninstaller is for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple