Installing PSP Cheats

Installing CWCheat/CheatMaster Fusion/TempAR
(They enable you to activate cheats ingame.)

Requirements

1.A Computer, that's connected to the internet.
2.A USB Cable, or a Memory Stick Duo Adapter.
3.A PSP running a custom firmware. (GEN, or M33)
4.A Memory Stick Duo.

Installing CWCheat

[title:Preparation]
Step 1: If you have a Memory Stick Duo Adapter plug it in, otherwise you can plug your PSP, in your computer via USB cable. (Go to "Settings", and go to USB)

Step 2: Backup your files, and folder's on your Memory Stick Duo to your computer.
wink2.gif
Just incase something happens.

Step 3: Download the latest version of CWCheat here.

Step 4: Extract the files using a program such as Winrar, or 7-Zip.

Step 5: Once extracted you should see a folder called "Install", open it to find a folder called SEPLUGINS. Copy, and paste that folder to the root of your PSP's Letter Drive. (Which is usually E:/.)

Step 7: Unplug your PSP from the computer, and turn it off completely. (Hold the power button for 10 seconds.)

Step 8: While holding the PSP's R button, turn back on your PSP.

Step 9: A menu should pop up. You can release the R button, and scroll down to "Plugins".

Step 10: Press X, and you should see "cwcheat.prx, and cwcheatpops.prx". Scroll over to them, and press X again. They should now say "Enabled".

Step 11: Scroll to the word "Back", and press X. Then scroll down to "Leave Recovery Menu", or something similar.

Step 12: The PSP should start, launch any game and wait for it to boot completely.

Step 13: Once booted hold the select button on your PSP. The CWCheat menu should boot. Go to select cheats, and choose whichever onces you want enabled. Once done, go back to the main menu, once there select Enable Cheats and press X. Press select again to go back to your game.

GBAtemp used to have a cheat database for the PSP, but currently no one is maintaining it hasn't been updated in a while. So a quick google search will led you to some sites with a updated database. The CWCheat site itself has a database, although I'm not quite sure how regularly it is updated. Now, in order to update the CWCheat database just replace the cheat.db, and or cheatpops.db located in the CWCheat folder you copied over to your PSP's SEPLUGINS folder.

Installing CheatMaster Fusion

[title:Preparation]
Step 1: If you have a Memory Stick Duo Adapter plug it in, otherwise you can plug your PSP, in your computer via USB cable. (Go to "Settings", and go to USB)

Step 2: Backup your files, and folder's on your Memory Stick Duo to your computer.
wink2.gif
Just incase something happens.

Step 3: Download the latest version of Cheatmaster Fusion here, and download the latest Cheat Database here.

Step 4: Extract the files using a program such as Winrar, or 7-Zip.

Step 5: Once extracted, connect your PSP to your computer, copy the seplugins and CheatMaster folders to root of your PSP. Don't over write the game.txt, game150.txt, or the pops.txt if Windows asks instead open up the three text files and copy paste the following line in and save. ms0:/CheatMaster/CheatMaster.prx 1 If you're using a PSPGo copy paste the following line ef0:/CheatMaster/CheatMaster.prx 1 Oh, and throw the Cheat.db file you downloaded into the CheatMaster Folder.

Step 7: Unplug your PSP from the computer, and turn it off completely. (Hold the power button for 10 seconds.)

Step 8: While holding the PSP's R button, turn back on your PSP.

Step 9: A menu should pop up. You can release the R button, and scroll down to "Plugins".

Step 10: Press X, and you should see "CheatMaster.prx". Scroll over to it, and press X again. They should now say "Enabled" if not already.

Step 11: Scroll to the word "Back", and press X. Then scroll down to "Leave Recovery Menu", or something similar.

Step 12: The PSP should start, launch any game and wait for it to boot completely.

Step 13: Once booted hold the +, and - Volume signs on your PSP. The Cheatmaster menu should boot. Go to Load Table, and select Load CW DB. It should load, select your cheats. Once done, leave that menu and press the +, and - bttuons again. Enjoy your cheats.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: It has been a while since I've used CWCheat, if there's something out of date, or wrong with this how to please inform me immediately so that I may fix the How-To with the proper corrections.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It seems this version's been fixed to run on 6.x firmwares.
http://pspslimhacks.com/cwcheat-0-2-3-for-...n-hen-released/

You might want to add CheatMaster Fusion and TempAR to this guide and make it an all-around cheating guide, people would love that. Each took has different features (for example CMFusion has a text reader and brightness changer and screenshot and save state ability, while TempAR's additions focus on cheat finding/hacking instead of being a general toolkit).

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
hey, just wondering how this would work with pro-b8 on my psp go, i'm assuming plugins do work with temporary firmware correct? if so how would i go about activating it?

I think the best cheat to use right now is TempAR.
the latest is 1.63...I think

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
so... it looks like he hasn't made the tempar section yet, is it still volume - & + to get ot the cheats menu?

no it's ( R )+home when in game

press (Y) to select cheat and press (L) or (music note) to activate cheats

chaoticdaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why CWcheat works fine with either PSN games or PSP games but never both?
I've got all the files extracted and installed and reinstalled several times over and only PSX games work at this time.

I mean when I hold select CWcheat doesn't show up for PSP games but it will for PSX. During previous installations PSX games wouldn't work and PSP would. I have everything in this guide as it should be.

In the recovery menu everything is enabled. My VSH, GAME, and POPS are all correct, spelled properly, capitalized properly. I can cheat on Gpsp and Snes9x just fine too.

Otaruzan12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings everyone. I followed the instructions to install the cwcheat but when i load the game completely, it wont load menu when i hold select for more than 3 seconds. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1