Installing NSZ files via USB - a nightmare?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by brollikk, Nov 29, 2019.

1. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    so I'm trying to install an NSZ file straight to system memory via usb on my friend's switch. I've tried using goldleaf/goldtree as I've usually done and this time (the game is pokemon sword) I am getting some corrupted data error when launching the title afterwards.

someone recommended using tinfoil/nut - which I have also tried. The issue here is I have HBG shop installed and it seems to have patched over my tinfoil - does this affect my ability to usb install? I am not actually sure where in the app I should even go to do this. Some help would greatly be appreciated.

2. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    what I ended up doing was just re-downloading the file as a NSP and using tinfoil + nut and it worked.

3. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
  4. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    United States
    Have you actually tried converting them though?!? Not exactly as easy as Winzip, it's a real pain in the ass with dumped private keys and a bunch of different scripts... I never actually got it to work. If it was a lot simpler to decompress it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

I love the fact they introduced a new file format so late on the scene that is so difficult to install (doesn't work with default SX OS installer) and work with (can't convert to NSP), it's a great way to mess up a collection of 2500+ NSP files... so thanks for that.

Last edited by Albytrozz, Dec 3, 2019
  5. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    I was able to do one previously. might have Been pokemon sw.
    I can check my setup and revert back to you, but from what I remember it was pretty quick to setup and run.I didnt have any issues during the process either as I converted it to xci immediately after decompressing the file

6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Um
    Goldleaf and - tree don't support nsz, no wonder it wouldn't work
    Tinfoil and nut work perfectly. Mistakes were made on your end

7. brollikk
    OP

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    I tried with tinfoil and nut too - didn't install

8. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    There are no known issues installing NSZ over USB. I suspect you were not on the latest version or running it in applet mode.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted