1. MrDaveIsAwesome

OP MrDaveIsAwesome Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello,
    I recently read that mario 64 on the 3D all stars is sort of lame compared to the switch build of just mario 64. So I downloaded both and installed them, no errors with the install. When I try to open them it says something like "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME menu and try again." I originally thought this was either an issue with the the fact i had updated atmosphere or i had updated to 10.1.0, but when I tried to use Tinfoil (I guess the homebrew app just installs the nsp?), that tinfoil nsp wouldn't work either.

I've read online this may have something to do with Hekate, Kosmos, and Atmosphere? I attempted removing all the files on my SD card except the nintendo folder, and reinstalled atmosphere according to this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/rcm/ , but that didn't seem to work either? I have sig patches, and the games I've previously installed work fine. I guess NSPs are now made in such a way that it won't work with Hekate or Kosmos? I booted using Hekate, but booted fusee-primary.bin.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 ( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/

United States
    You probably missing the necessary patches for whichever CFW bundle you are using, sound like you are on Kosmos, which you need fss0 patches.

MrDaveIsAwesome likes this.
  3. MrDaveIsAwesome

Newcomer

United States
    I thought I was using atmosphere? I am just downloading it straight from the atmosphere github.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 ( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/

United States
    But are you on Vanilla Atmosphere or it is bundle with Kosmos, SD setup etc?

5. MrDaveIsAwesome

Newcomer

United States
    Vanilla, but I think I found the issue. The current sig patches do not support atmosphere 0.14.3. I'm going to go down to atmosphere 0.14.2, and check out if that is the issue

Update: Very happy to report that this was indeed the error. Funny how a small thing like this took me like 2 hours to resolve. I wonder if I'll even be playing 60 fps mario 64 for longer than it took for me to resolve this....

Thanks for the help man!

Last edited by MrDaveIsAwesome, Sep 15, 2020
    Hayato213 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installing, installed, goldleaf