Homebrew Installing Legit Game CIA's? 9.2.0

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I've got SmileBASIC and Pilotwings Resort working. I tried Terraria, but that did not work.
(But seriously, before you try anything, BACKUP YOUR EMUNAND)

If you don't backup your emunand, it just means you have to redo everything if it gets screwed up, right?

Zappo23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the resolution if on a n3ds the TMD has NO number next to it when trying to find the right FBI to inject? EmuNAND 9 on a CFW 9.2

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the resolution if on a n3ds the TMD has NO number next to it when trying to find the right FBI to inject? EmuNAND 9 on a CFW 9.2
I've heard this is a conflicting issue with some versions of rxtools fbi injection and the n3ds.
In such cases I've heard people use this tutorial to inject through another method.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are we meant to install it then?
He's incorrect. If you're installing it to emunand it shouldn't matter what your sysnand is at as long as it can boot into emunand.
Even if you want it on sysnand or an unupdated emunand, you should still be able to run either a FWspoofed cia there, or get a FWspoofing utility/find a FWspoofing method.

Last edited by jaksy,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
He's incorrect. If you're installing it to emunand it shouldn't matter what your sysnand is at as long as it can boot into emunand.
Even if you want it on sysnand or an unupdated emunand, you should still be able to run either a FWspoofed cia there, or get a FWspoofing utility/find a FWspoofing method.
Well my Emunand is 10.3.0-28 and it still doesnt work. A lot of people on the thread I got the cia are saying it doesnt work for them but theres still ppl saying it works for them after redownloading from eshop so im pretty sure the CIA is broken.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my Emunand is 10.3.0-28 and it still doesnt work. A lot of people on the thread I got the cia are saying it doesnt work for them but theres still ppl saying it works for them after redownloading from eshop so im pretty sure the CIA is broken.
Possibly, or it could use newer antipiracy checks/be out of your region.
I'd suggest trying to boot it with bootntr/ntrcfw which is suppose to help pass region and newer checks.

More stubborn games that ntr alone doesn't work for (unedited dumps of Majora's Mask or Paper Jam Bros. for example) often respond well to ntr's language plugin.

Alternatively you could try a different version of the file.

Edit: If it's a legit file from your region and you installed it, you should be able to delete it and visit that particular game's eshop's page to redownload it, as installing the legit cia in the first place should have given your system the ticket it needs to redownload it on the eshop.
This only applies to legit cias and doesn't seem to work reliably, but it is one method.

Edit: So I looked for the "legit" dump of this game, and there's an obvious note right by the download link.
(You need to access eshop at least once after installing this game or install update 2.0 if it didn't work, and at least firmware 9.8 for it to start.)
If you're 3ds is not Eur region like this legit cia is, then I don't think you can bypass the crypto measure by connecting to the eshop or with a FW spoofer.
You might get it to launch with a FWspoofer after updating to 2.0 as they mention, but it'd probably be smarter to look for a version that's not legit.

I mean you have and are installing it to emunand anyway, there's no reason to restrict yourself to a noncryptofixed nonfwspooofed version.

Last edited by jaksy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1