Installing Haxchi for Mocha CFW without redNAND?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by MajoraAKC, Jul 23, 2017.

1. MajoraAKC
    OP

MajoraAKC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Sweden
    So, following this guide I installed Haxchi on my system and now I want to use Mocha to increase my speed with Wii U USB Helper Transfer Tool since I don't have access to a large SD memory card at the moment.
    So my question is this, can I follow this part and skip the redNAND stuff? Like disable redNAND on the Mocha CFW menu and possibly enable coldboot?

Guide

2. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    Alright, first off, you should not install redNAND. It's a bad idea since it requires a large SD card (a 64GB+ card for a 32GB Wii U), prevents the use of vWii, and can be buggy. Do NOT use redNAND. And yes, disabling redNAND can be done by keeping redNAND set to OFF on the Mocha configuration menu. Regarding coldboot, you can upgrade Haxchi to CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi) to enable coldboot CFW, but I heard that Mocha + CBHC can cause problems. Personally, I stick with Haxchi + Mocha and it works fine (CBHC is too scary for me lol).

Don't use that guide also. Most people would suggest this guide. You can with step 5 or 6 to continue on with your CFW installation.

3. MajoraAKC
    OP

MajoraAKC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Sweden
    Installing redNAND was always out of the question and after reading up on Mocha in the guide you linked I'll probably stay on just Haxchi. The downsides seems to be bigger than the upsides for me. Thanks for your comment!