JackMacWindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I recently made a mistake trying to use my 3DS microSD with my new Raspberry Pi. I partitioned my SD card, but it crashed and I was left with an unusable SD card. I then had to erase the card. It was good that I had a backup from about a month ago from when I was installing CFW, which I used to restore some data back. The problem is that I put A9LH and Luma3DS back, but I did not have any of my CIAs still installed (I did not have the new unlinked NAND backed up), so I could not use FBI or the Homebrew CIA anymore. I also know that BrowserHax does not work on 11.2. I have Luma3DS and A9LH installed currently on an 11.2 SysNAND. How can I get to the Homebrew Launcher to install FBI?

TL;DR Can I use A9LH/Luma to boot to the Homebrew Launcher on 11.2?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

JackMacWindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to dump the Health and Safety app from both Decrypt9 and Hourglass9 (booting via Luma), but it fails and says that it won't work on A9LH or O3DS < 7.x. Note that I have never injected FBI into the Health & Safety app, I installed FBI from the Homebrew Launcher.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Your just missing some keys. Google something like 'slot0x25keyx.bin edited to include the 7x key'.

The process is simple and fast, with few steps.

If you want, when done, use h&s to install fbi Cia and replace your h&s to stock. Fbi will only update as the cia version not h&s so it is for future a good idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That guide is overly complicated and out of date
Just follow this guide
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Go to
Section V - Injecting FBI

God bless you and I apologize if I offend you. It would seem to me from much observantions, that your educating of others on how great a few devs etc are border on being offensive to some other great contributers in the scene. We all need a little Glace in the mirror time to time.

1. Dump hs.app from either SysNAND or EmuNAND using Decrypt9 "Dump Health & Safety" feature. It's in "SysNAND File Options" or "EmuNAND File Options". Decrypt9 needs to be run from SysNAND.
  2. Get hs.app from the root of your 3DS SD card and put it plus as many homebrew CIAs as you like into the "input" folder of the Universal Inject Generator.
  3. Run go.bat, you'll get two inject-ready apps per CIA.
  4. If the last one for some reason doesn't work, you may try deep-decrypting (via Decrypt9, "Game Decrypt Options") your CIAs first. Then go back to step 2.
  5. To inject, copy the inject-ready .app files into the root of your 3DS SD card and inject via Decrypt9. The feature is also found in "SysNAND File Options" or "EmuNAND File Options", but stay with the NAND you used for dumping!
  6. That's it!
Over complicated and outdated?

Last edited by tivanh,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your just missing some keys. Google something like 'slot0x25keyx.bin edited to include the 7x key'.

The process is simple and fast, with few steps.

If you want, when done, use h&s to install fbi Cia and replace your h&s to stock. Fbi will only update as the cia version not h&s so it is for future a good idea.

God bless you and I apologize if I offend you. It would seem to me from much observantions, that your educating of others on how great a few devs etc are border on being offensive to some other great contributers in the scene. We all need a little Glace in the mirror time to time.

1. Dump hs.app from either SysNAND or EmuNAND using Decrypt9 "Dump Health & Safety" feature. It's in "SysNAND File Options" or "EmuNAND File Options". Decrypt9 needs to be run from SysNAND.
  2. Get hs.app from the root of your 3DS SD card and put it plus as many homebrew CIAs as you like into the "input" folder of the Universal Inject Generator.
  3. Run go.bat, you'll get two inject-ready apps per CIA.
  4. If the last one for some reason doesn't work, you may try deep-decrypting (via Decrypt9, "Game Decrypt Options") your CIAs first. Then go back to step 2.
  5. To inject, copy the inject-ready .app files into the root of your 3DS SD card and inject via Decrypt9. The feature is also found in "SysNAND File Options" or "EmuNAND File Options", but stay with the NAND you used for dumping!
  6. That's it!
No one uses the Universal Inject Generator method anymore, not even Plailect. Plailect's new guide has FBI .apps already available for 11.2 a9lh systems, all you have to do is dump hs.app and inject one of the .apps with Hourglass9/Decrypt9.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No offence taken. Updating knowledge is what I do best.
It's basically overly complicated and out of date because the method you posted uses tools that are no longer used. Now things have been made easier and those tools are no longer needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1