Hacking Installing CIAs in ReiNAND

KHSebastian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing reading all day trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to use EmuNAND without a Gateway 3DS. I have EmuNAND already set up. I used my Gateway for a long time, but I would rather be able to just use Ninjhax or MSET to boot EmuNAND. I have a New 3DS, 9.0.0-20U. I see that ReiNAND seems to be the only CFW that supports EmuNAND right now, on N3DS. I got that set up and was able to get into EmuNAND, but I don't know how to install CIAs. I tried using FBI to install BigBlueBox in my EmuNAND but I got a signature error because I was using FBI through Ninjhax.

I used to just load backups as .3DS through the multirom menu, but I will install them as CIAs when I figure out how to install CIAs.

If anyone could provide some direction, I would appreciate it!

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing reading all day trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to use EmuNAND without a Gateway 3DS. I have EmuNAND already set up. I used my Gateway for a long time, but I would rather be able to just use Ninjhax or MSET to boot EmuNAND. I have a New 3DS, 9.0.0-20U. I see that ReiNAND seems to be the only CFW that supports EmuNAND right now, on N3DS. I got that set up and was able to get into EmuNAND, but I don't know how to install CIAs. I tried using FBI to install BigBlueBox in my EmuNAND but I got a signature error because I was using FBI through Ninjhax.

I used to just load backups as .3DS through the multirom menu, but I will install them as CIAs when I figure out how to install CIAs.

If anyone could provide some direction, I would appreciate it!

If you still have your Gateway, just place BigBlueMenu.3ds on the gateway mSD & BigBlueMenu.cia in the root of your N3DS mSD. Launch the .3ds and install the .cia. Then you'll have BBM installed on your emunand for use with Reinand.

That or you'll need to launch Ninjhax -> Pasta -> Ninjhax -> FBI -> Install .CIA of choice (installs to the Sysnand) -> Boot into Gateway Menu -> Format Emunand (Will wipe your emunand and create a new with the .CIA copied over from your Sysnand)

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI and DevMenu.2.3.4 would *NOT* install certain stuff for me. However, DevMenu_2x.cia installed the same CIAs just fine. Not sure why but give that a shot.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Run ninjahax, run pasta, run ninjahax again, run fbi.

Pasta fixes the signature issue.

Install what you like, although it will be on sysnand.

Do this before setting up emunand and it will go to emunand as well when you create emunand.

Install reinand or wait for rxtools n3ds support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy