ROM Hack Installing CIA error on gateway, what it is and how to fix it?

Akihaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I've been trying to install this translated DLC CIA, but I've read that Gateway is unable to install custom CIA. However, I asked in the Gateway Support forums, and experienced users have told me otherwise, and that Gateway IS able to install CIA without signatures. Here are my errors when trying to install this. The first error image is from FBI, the second is from Big Blue Menu.

Photo Jan 10, 4 07 13 PM.jpgPhoto Jan 10, 5 21 02 PM.jpg

Could someone with more experience in this field help me fix the errors? I have the unedited DLC as well as the edited DLC. In order to play this DLC translated, I have to do a file swap. I read that because of having to swap files, it breaks the signature rendering it uninstallable with Gateway, but as mentioned before, other experienced users with Gateway have told me Gateway is able to install CIA without signatures. So what is the true issue? What are the steps I should take to extract the DLC files, swap them with translated ones, and then rebuild the DLC into a CIA file that is installable with gateway? What tools should I use? If I need to use ctrtools, what is the code I should use? Thanks to anyone who's willing to take the time to help.

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway (probably) doesn't support unsigned CFA (CTR File Archive, not CIA). That's why you can't use cryptofixed manual, custom DLC, etc. You should install CFW and make use of some features that GW doesn't have. Both of them can be used alongside each other, with CTRBootManager.

It might be possible to combine the DLC to the main game, but that requires good hacking skill, and I'm unable to do that at the moment.

Akihaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahah, so it's CFA, not CIA. No wonder, because the information didn't really line up. Other people were spouting things about unsigned CIA and things, so I got confused. I can't really play it on a CFW because my SD card isn't big enough to store double its space. So, until I can find a way to install it on Gateway or get a bigger SD card I won't be able to play the DLC T^T Thanks for the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol