Installing CBHC

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by chalupabatman, May 8, 2017.

1. chalupabatman
    OP

chalupabatman GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    I have Haxchi installed and will launch it directly from my Dash - but a buddy toldl me you can install Cold Boot Haxchi over your "standard" Haxchi install so i no longer have to boot Haxchi and hold in B to get my Virtual Console games etc to work.

Is this legit? What is the process for installing cold boot Haxchi when you already have haxchi installed?

2. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    chalupabatman likes this.
  3. chalupabatman
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by chalupabatman, May 8, 2017
  4. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Before anything you need to know that Coldboot Haxchi has a brick risk, can be minor, can be high, it really depends if you're careful with it and know how to properly remove it if you want to go back or if you want to sell your Wii U. The setup you have right now with Haxchi on the quick menu is the closest thing we have to a 100% brickless coldboot option so i recomend you to stick to that.

5. chalupabatman
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Ah-ha thank you for the words of wisdom. I will stick to the haxchi from the dash then

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Don't be scared. You'll love CBHC. If you follow directions you'll be fine. You just need proper education on how it works. It takes over your HaxChi install. So after installing LEAVE HAXCHI ALONE. That's all you need to worry about.

On a lighter side, after installing CBHC you'll be running sigpatched sysnand so you can install as many other HaxChi installs as you want for free

7. chalupabatman
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    I didn't really see any instructions on how to install?

I assume, I would copy the files over to my wii u folder on my SD Card and launch the web exploit and install - just like I did with TCP Gecko or to sig patch gamess.

Last edited by chalupabatman, May 8, 2017
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It's all in my noob guide in the stickies but I'll sum it up.

Install HaxChi (to nand only)
    Test HaxChi
    Install CBHC
    ???
    Profit

chalupabatman and TheTechGenius like this.
  9. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    The only way you are guaranteed a brick, is if you don't read the instructions and just skim through them. Please read Kafluke's Noob guide completely before you even touch your WiiU to install CBHC. Read the do's and don't's also, so you know what will cause a brick, and what will not. Read everything about CBHC on gbatemp.

Then after you are completely sure you want CBHC, then install it using Kafluke's guide.

I would be using CBHC right now, but I have a 8 year old son, and he loves to mess around with Minecraft mods on PC, so I don't want him messing around on the WiiU and accidentally brick the WiiU. Lol. That's the only reason I'm not using it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

10. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Our every guide so far covers everything.
    You have Kafluke's, Mine and WiiUBrUGuide [Both in my sig]. If you feel like checking those two, then go ahead but information will be same for all.