Homebrew Installing and playing the same game that was used for CBHC ?

Solution
Never reinstall the same title while CBHC is installed! 100% brick guaranteed! This is part of any guide.
The title ID has to be changed so that the CBHC title does not get overwritten. To make sure nothing bad happens I would uninstall CBHC (back to non-coldboot variant) before attempting to install the same game (with changed ID). If everything goes well and regular Haxchi works with legit title you can reinstall CBHC later if you wish.

Good luck and have fun!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Never reinstall the same title while CBHC is installed! 100% brick guaranteed! This is part of any guide.
The title ID has to be changed so that the CBHC title does not get overwritten. To make sure nothing bad happens I would uninstall CBHC (back to non-coldboot variant) before attempting to install the same game (with changed ID). If everything goes well and regular Haxchi works with legit title you can reinstall CBHC later if you wish.

Good luck and have fun!

Solution

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just install the other region of the game since the id is diferent

if you installed cbhc on brain age usa and want to play brain age, just install brain age european title or just do an inject of the title.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's possible with the same game, if you copy the game instead of move it, so that the game is on both usb and internal storage. I found that this is probably the case, because my cbhc game still has the original rednand icon and text, since I copied it. I haven't actually tested it though. however, someone said they did test it, and it worked. I think usb is given priority, but the system.xml, which is what's modified to enable cbhc, only says the title id (no usb or mlc location), so it's forced to use internal storage. that's why usb doesn't work with the cbhc game, and probably why you should unplug usb when installing cbhc. I'm not sure why Nintendo allows both copy and move unless it's meant for transferring games between two usb devices. that's the only the reason I can think of. btw, to do this, uninstall cbhc first, make sure it's uninstalled, delete the game, redownload it, copy it, unplug the usb device, install cbhc, turn off the system, plug the device back in, then turn on the system and test the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc