Hacking Installed Priiloader, Now Cannot Access System Menu

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. Since the other day I have been working on installing the HB Channel and other channels to my Wii version 4.2U, using this guide
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
I Got EVERYTHING installed and working but on the LAST STEP, I installed Priiloader, and now my Wii only boots into Priiloader and if I try to get back to the system menu it says my "system files are corrupted". Why would installing Priiloader just brick my Wii like that? How can I fix this? I only have access to Priiloader, any help appreciated ):

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't reinstall the system menu, that removes priiloader. Can you get to the homebrew channel from the priiloader menu?

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
what version of priiloader do u have installed? is it preloader or priiloader?

have u tried installing a patched and non-stubbed IOS70?
I really don't know the version but it's whatever version was in that guide I posted. I guess since it says "Preloader" in the guide it's Preloader. EDIT: Just started Wii and it says Preloader v0.29. It says an update is available but I do not want to risk the update failing and losing Preloader.
I really don't know what a patched and non-stubbed IOS70 but basically what I have done is what that guide has (I tried to use another guide before that and it wouldn't work at all, so I switched to this one).
QUOTE(person66 @ Oct 7 2010, 01:15 AM) Don't reinstall the system menu, that removes priiloader. Can you get to the homebrew channel from the priiloader menu?
I'm going to go check if I can get to HB Channel. I think I tried it before and it didn't work though :/ I definitely don't want to reinstall the system menu though b/c I don't want to risk losing preloader.
EDIT: When I click Homebrew Channel it says Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed? But I do have HBC installed :/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download and install IOS70-patched from modmii ("70"), that will fix your problem for sure
2uff6o9.jpg

EDIT: if u can get to the homebrew channel, then just launch ur wad manager from there, if u can't let us know so we can tell u alternative means of accessing a wad manager

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
download and install IOS70-patched from modmii ("70"), that will fix your problem for sure

Can you please direct me to where I can find this? And how I would install it? Would I be able to install it using Preloader?

QUOTE(XFlak @ Oct 7 2010, 01:28 AM) EDIT: if u can get to the homebrew channel, then just launch ur wad manager from there, if u can't let us know so we can tell u alternative means of accessing a wad manager

Can't access HBC ):

manvslife12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry my english bad.
Last week i have this problem with my korea wii, update to 4.1 and install ios60 patched and install priloader -> system files are corrupted
frown.gif
. This is what i did to help my wii, boot into priloader and install HBC, then go to HBC install the system menu 4.1 with wad manager, when it back to HBC i install priloader again
smile.gif
-> it work good now, boot to system menu and priloader all ok.
Hope you can cure your wii soon.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
riffdex said:
XFlak said:

Can you please direct me to where I can find this? And how I would install it? Would I be able to install it using Preloader?

QUOTE(XFlak @ Oct 7 2010, 01:28 AM) EDIT: if u can get to the homebrew channel, then just launch ur wad manager from there, if u can't let us know so we can tell u alternative means of accessing a wad manager

Can't access HBC ):
Find modmii in the stickied modmii thread, Dont think you can install directly with preloader, however you could use the "install file" option in the preloader menu to load a app like Multi Mod Manager

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i suspect u have the latest homebrew channel installed, but cannot access it because you're using the older preloader which is calling the old name before the change

download this
Homebrew (1.0.7) forwarder boot.dol

save it to the root of your sd card, then install it as a file in preloader, then launch the installed file, then u should be able to access the HBC

edit: dude, wait awhile before PMing me asking for more help! I mean, I helped u again here before I even got your PM!

to download a patched IOS70, download modmii from my signature, go to download page 1 (see pic above), and select to download IOS70-patched (type in "70"), then type "D" to download it, etc. etc. Then u need to install it using a wad manager (do NOT uninstall it)

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
i suspect u have the latest homebrew channel installed, but cannot access it because you're using the older preloader which is calling the old name before the change

download this
Homebrew (1.0.7) forwarder boot.dol

save it to the root of your sd card, then install it as a file in preloader, then launch the installed file, then u should be able to access the HBC
Ok downloading. If I'm able to get to the HBC what would be my next step?
EDIT: Didn't work ):

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
try installing the hackmii installer's boot.elf as file and run that to try to install the HBC

edit: can u access bootmii?

edit2: don't worry, from where u are there a lots of ways to fix u, just dont rush and try something silly
Just tried to load bootmii and was successful! What now? By the way, my Wii was not able to install it under boot2. So bootmii is installed as an IOS for me.

Thanks for offering so much help and I'll try to calm down a little (:

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuming you still can't load the homebrew channel from bootmii?

Well if no, try reinstalling it like XFlak said, but just use bootmii to load the file. Put the hackmii installer elf (edit: use the file called "bootmini.elf") on the root of your card then use bootmii to load it, from there reinstall the homebrew channel

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
more specifically, save the bootmini.elf from the hackmii installer to the root of your sd card, then from bootmii, launch the sd card menu, then launch bootmini.elf, then install the HBC, then load a wad manager (like yawmm) then install a patched IOS70

going to bed, goodnight! I'll check up on this thread 2morrow or w/e, good luck!

riffdex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
I'm assuming you still can't load the homebrew channel from bootmii?

Well if no, try reinstalling it like XFlak said, but just use bootmii to load the file. Put the hackmii installer elf on the root of your card than use bootmii to load it, from there reinstall the homebrew channel
Ok somehow I'm in the HBC now, I don't know what I did o.O
So now that I have HBC back, I need to download "download and install IOS70-patched from modmii ("70")" I'm guessing? Would I use WAD manager to do this? Where could I find IOS70 patched?

QUOTE(XFlak @ Oct 7 2010, 02:23 AM) I already told u here
http://gbatemp.net/t258756-installed-priil...t&p=3181697

night
Really sorry, I overlooked that. I will work on installing IOS70 patch. If I don't figure it out I will reply back here tomorrow (I won't pm ya again, sorry bout that-you have been a great help and I really appreciate it!).

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
so tell me

why aren't you idiots telling him to install priiloader 0.4 instead of using preloader+some crap patched ios ?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lulwut said:
so tell me

why aren't you idiots telling him to install priiloader 0.4 instead of using preloader+some crap patched ios ?
If u read the topic u'll know that the OP can't access the System Menu itself so the OP needs 2 install the SM IOS so it can boot 2 the SM!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
installing priiloader v0.4 will also solve the problem, since it doesn't need a patched SM IOS to access the SM...

...however, if he attempts reinstall priiloader, and it fails for whatever reason, he will not be able to boot to anything. So it is much safer to just install a patched SM IOS. If he loses power when trying to install a patched SM IOS, it doesn't matter, he will still be able to access preloader and try again. After he installs a patched SM IOS, he can upgrade preloader to priiloader v0.4 much more safely

@OP, the guide u followed is crap, once u get to the system menu, i encourage u to rehack your wii using modmii as if it were the first time u are modding it. This will ensure u have all the latest and best shit on ur Wii (and it should satisfy lolwut cuz it will update priiloader)

edit:
@dn_angel000
the OPs problem isn't that he doesn't have a SM IOS installed, its that he doesn't have a patched SM IOS installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Mhm