Installed Priiloader, Now Cannot Access System Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by riffdex, Oct 7, 2010.

1. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    Hello guys. Since the other day I have been working on installing the HB Channel and other channels to my Wii version 4.2U, using this guide
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
    I Got EVERYTHING installed and working but on the LAST STEP, I installed Priiloader, and now my Wii only boots into Priiloader and if I try to get back to the system menu it says my "system files are corrupted". Why would installing Priiloader just brick my Wii like that? How can I fix this? I only have access to Priiloader, any help appreciated ):

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    what version of priiloader do u have installed? is it preloader or priiloader?

have u tried installing a patched and non-stubbed IOS70?

3. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
  4. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Don't reinstall the system menu, that removes priiloader. Can you get to the homebrew channel from the priiloader menu?

5. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    I'm going to go check if I can get to HB Channel. I think I tried it before and it didn't work though :/ I definitely don't want to reinstall the system menu though b/c I don't want to risk losing preloader.
    EDIT: When I click Homebrew Channel it says Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not installed? But I do have HBC installed :/

6. XFlak

Canada
    download and install IOS70-patched from modmii ("70"), that will fix your problem for sure
    [​IMG]

EDIT: if u can get to the homebrew channel, then just launch ur wad manager from there, if u can't let us know so we can tell u alternative means of accessing a wad manager

7. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    Can't access HBC ):

8. manvslife12

Newcomer manvslife12 Member

Vietnam
    sorry my english bad.
    Last week i have this problem with my korea wii, update to 4.1 and install ios60 patched and install priloader -> system files are corrupted [​IMG] . This is what i did to help my wii, boot into priloader and install HBC, then go to HBC install the system menu 4.1 with wad manager, when it back to HBC i install priloader again [​IMG] -> it work good now, boot to system menu and priloader all ok.
    Hope you can cure your wii soon.

9. person66

Canada
    Find modmii in the stickied modmii thread, Dont think you can install directly with preloader, however you could use the "install file" option in the preloader menu to load a app like Multi Mod Manager

10. XFlak

Canada
    i suspect u have the latest homebrew channel installed, but cannot access it because you're using the older preloader which is calling the old name before the change

download this
    Homebrew (1.0.7) forwarder boot.dol

save it to the root of your sd card, then install it as a file in preloader, then launch the installed file, then u should be able to access the HBC

edit: dude, wait awhile before PMing me asking for more help! I mean, I helped u again here before I even got your PM!

to download a patched IOS70, download modmii from my signature, go to download page 1 (see pic above), and select to download IOS70-patched (type in "70"), then type "D" to download it, etc. etc. Then u need to install it using a wad manager (do NOT uninstall it)

11. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    Ok downloading. If I'm able to get to the HBC what would be my next step?
    EDIT: Didn't work ):

12. XFlak

Canada
    try installing the hackmii installer's boot.elf as file and run that to try to install the HBC

edit: can u access bootmii?

edit2: don't worry, from where u are there a lots of ways to fix u, just dont rush and try something silly

13. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    Just tried to load bootmii and was successful! What now? By the way, my Wii was not able to install it under boot2. So bootmii is installed as an IOS for me.

Thanks for offering so much help and I'll try to calm down a little (:

14. person66

Canada
    I'm assuming you still can't load the homebrew channel from bootmii?

Well if no, try reinstalling it like XFlak said, but just use bootmii to load the file. Put the hackmii installer elf (edit: use the file called "bootmini.elf") on the root of your card then use bootmii to load it, from there reinstall the homebrew channel

15. XFlak

Canada
    more specifically, save the bootmini.elf from the hackmii installer to the root of your sd card, then from bootmii, launch the sd card menu, then launch bootmini.elf, then install the HBC, then load a wad manager (like yawmm) then install a patched IOS70

going to bed, goodnight! I'll check up on this thread 2morrow or w/e, good luck!

16. riffdex
    OP

Newcomer riffdex Member

United States
    Really sorry, I overlooked that. I will work on installing IOS70 patch. If I don't figure it out I will reply back here tomorrow (I won't pm ya again, sorry bout that-you have been a great help and I really appreciate it!).

17. XFlak

Canada
  18. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    so tell me

why aren't you idiots telling him to install priiloader 0.4 instead of using preloader+some crap patched ios ?

19. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    If u read the topic u'll know that the OP can't access the System Menu itself so the OP needs 2 install the SM IOS so it can boot 2 the SM!

20. XFlak

Canada
    installing priiloader v0.4 will also solve the problem, since it doesn't need a patched SM IOS to access the SM...

...however, if he attempts reinstall priiloader, and it fails for whatever reason, he will not be able to boot to anything. So it is much safer to just install a patched SM IOS. If he loses power when trying to install a patched SM IOS, it doesn't matter, he will still be able to access preloader and try again. After he installs a patched SM IOS, he can upgrade preloader to priiloader v0.4 much more safely

@OP, the guide u followed is crap, once u get to the system menu, i encourage u to rehack your wii using modmii as if it were the first time u are modding it. This will ensure u have all the latest and best shit on ur Wii (and it should satisfy lolwut cuz it will update priiloader)

edit:
    @dn_angel000
    the OPs problem isn't that he doesn't have a SM IOS installed, its that he doesn't have a patched SM IOS installed