Homebrew Question Install XCIs --- atmosphere ??

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afaik Xci install via tinfoil was available way back with version 1.48 but still requires acid patches if running under non-SX cfw

And yeah I don’t think tinfoil converts the xci, it can install it as is

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinfoil unpacks/converts the xci into nsp , then installs the nsp.

Unpacks.. perhaps.. but not convert the xci into nsp, nope. It install xci as is. Go to tinfoil.io and you will see.

According to tinfoil:

Tinfoil website have released tinfoil the latest version which will allow you to install XCI files on the Nintendo Switch without converted them first to NSP format and without having SX pro.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: jammybudga777

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XCI installation also requires the switch keys in the folder of nut.exe. Besides Tinfoil also Lithium is able to install NSP, XCI, NSZ and XCZ under Atmosphère!

Last edited by Muxi,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what is Nut ? I read it but do I really need it ? I already have tinfoil and macOS and USB and I don't have a problem. I usually installed NSP only from eShop but do I need NUT for XCI ? And to install XCI, I need switch keys ? To where ? To tinfoilNSP/XCI folder ? I have usb_install_pc.py as I usually for few years.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see.. I can't use it because it is for Windows. So I will be fine with tinfoil using usb_install_pc.py.

For Lockpick.. why do you posted it ? I already know about it. That's why I have it. I didn't mention it. I just mention if it is require because I am using tinfoil with usb install_pc.py for Mac so don't know if XCI requires keys no matter what, right ?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Just use Tinfoil (tinfoil.io) to install it.
If you are on FAT32, use NUT to (you can use launch it with python if you dont have Windows) USB install it.

It's pretty simple.

Atmosphere can install any game format if you have the right tools, but won't let you mount the XCIs as SX OS does.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use Tinfoil (tinfoil.io) to install it.
If you are on FAT32, use NUT to (you can use launch it with python if you dont have Windows) USB install it.

It's pretty simple.

Atmosphere can install any game format if you have the right tools, but won't let you mount the XCIs as SX OS does.

Makes sense to me. Thanks! Simple answer. :)

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh is it really?
Which part? Why complicate life when you can just go with the official format supported by Atmosphere?

You are sooo wrong.
You don't complicate life you idiot, Tinfoil is as simple as any homebrew out there like Goldleaf or Awoo.

Atmosphere doesn't support formats natively, it's the homebrew devs that choose which support they give.

If you are gonna give shit advice like saying someone to buy SX OS (without him wanting to mount) or not even knowing that Atmosphere can or cannot do, don't even bother writing.

Reactions: squalow

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are gonna give shit advice like saying someone to buy SX OS (without him wanting to mount) or not even knowing that Atmosphere can or cannot do, don't even bother writing.
Clearly you have an internet chip on your shoulder.
I made it as simple as can be.
You are sooo wrong.
You don't complicate life you idiot, Tinfoil is as simple as any homebrew out there like Goldleaf or Awoo.

Atmosphere doesn't support formats natively, it's the homebrew devs that choose which support they give.

Exactly. Logically speaking, assuming OP is downloading these games, anything in xci format can be found in NSP format.
I could go through the differences for that but as you've pointed out, the main one would be the part about buying SXOS "(without him wanting to mount)" the XCI.

what is the point of downloading an xci in the first place? (if you dont answer anything else besides this would be good)
I understand you arent trying to be a facetious little knob,but read what i said initially.
I'll make it easy for you.

"To keep it simple, just download nsps.
Or convert your xci's to nsps using NSC Builder.
Or buy an sxos license"

As for your dribble about what CFW supports which format, you being a knob.
Atmosphere devs don't support piracy,but there are devs that only support atmosphere and they support piracy but don't support XCI.By extension they've stated that they will only use Nintendo's official delivery method which happens to be...ding ding ding, you guessed it.NSP's.

I digress because besides the point. In closing, stop being a keyboard warrior and address the topic with an unbiased opinion,you might look like less of a tool.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Clearly you have an internet chip on your shoulder.
I made it as simple as can be.

Exactly. Logically speaking, assuming OP is downloading these games, anything in xci format can be found in NSP format.
I could go through the differences for that but as you've pointed out, the main one would be the part about buying SXOS "(without him wanting to mount)" the XCI.

what is the point of downloading an xci in the first place? (if you dont answer anything else besides this would be good)
I understand you arent trying to be a facetious little knob,but read what i said initially.
I'll make it easy for you.

Or buy an sxos license"

As for your dribble about what CFW supports which format, you being a knob.
Atmosphere devs don't support piracy,but there are devs that only support atmosphere and they support piracy but don't support XCI.By extension they've stated that they will only use Nintendo's official delivery method which happens to be...ding ding ding, you guessed it.NSP's.

I digress because besides the point. In closing, stop being a keyboard warrior and address the topic with an unbiased opinion,you might look like less of a tool.

You assuming he has to convert to use those XCI, which is WRONG. I am not gonna keep discussing with the likes of you, because you clearly are biased against blawar and you are fine with XorTroll. I assume you are also against NSZ format then.

You are an idiot, let people use the tools that they want, they are free

Reactions: squalow

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You assuming he has to convert to use those XCI, which is WRONG. I am not gonna keep discussing with the likes of you, because you clearly are biased against blawar and you are fine with XorTroll. I assume you are also against NSZ format then.

You are an idiot, let people use the tools that they want, they are free
No, wrong again.
Let me bold it for you because you have difficulty comprehending this.

Or buy an sxos license"

"what is the point of downloading an xci in the first place?"
- by your OWN admission
like saying someone to buy SX OS (without him wanting to mount)

IF STARTING FROM SCRATCH,WHY DOWNLOAD AN XCI FILE TO USE ON ATMOSPHERE WHEN YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE NSP EQUIVALENT?

Note at no point did I show bias towards/against the XCI format or Blawar.
I use SXOS with a 5GB Emunand and have used most of Blawar's Homebrew apps, but once again,besides the point.

This is a forum for advice, as such I'm just giving OP my advice.He can choose to use it or not.
But the way you going on is just laughable

Last edited by Andalitez,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCI installation also requires the switch keys in the folder of nut.exe. Besides Tinfoil also Lithium is able to install NSP, XCI, NSZ and XCZ under Atmosphère!

This is incorrect, no keys are required. The nec conversion is done on the switch, not on the PC.

Reactions: gnze796

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: