Homebrew Install hax with another 3DS

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install hax with another 3DS.
Example, if I have a 3DS on 10.7 an an other on 11.1 with arm9loaderhax, can I install OOT3DHax/BaseHax, etc... on my OOT3D/Pokémon, etc... cartridge on the arm9loaderhax console with the payload for 10.7 and put the cartridge in the 10.7 3DS and start OOT3Dhax/BaseHax, etc... ?

Thanks. :lol:

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people suggest things before asking people what they want? Yes, A9LH is great and everything but some people are happy with just HomeBrew alone or an emuNAND CFW set-up. OP was just asking if they can use their hacked DS to install HomeBrew hacks on another one..... WHy suggest things they didn't ask for?

Also to answer your question, yes you can. However specifically OOTHax has to be installed on a firmware lower than 11.x unless you have a powersave dongle (You don't need the other 3DS). Basehaxx IIRC should be able to be installed though with the 10.7 payload if you're using Luma CFW since it patches ASLR.

Reactions: nooby89

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people suggest things before asking people what they want? Yes, A9LH is great and everything but some people are happy with just HomeBrew alone or an emuNAND CFW set-up. OP was just asking if they can use their hacked DS to install HomeBrew hacks on another one..... WHy suggest things they didn't ask for?

Also to answer your question, yes you can. However specifically OOTHax has to be installed on a firmware lower than 11.x unless you have a powersave dongle (You don't need the other 3DS). Basehaxx IIRC should be able to be installed though with the 10.7 payload if you're using Luma CFW since it patches ASLR.
That statement about oot3dhax is false btw. That statement is only true on systems without CFW. As you said in your last sentence, Luma patches ASLR, which broke the oothax installer on 11+. Luma allows access to the oothax installer on 11+, so you can install the save file with a Luma console. I know this because I've done it before. I've used a Luma console to install the hacked save for a non-hacked system.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That statement about oot3dhax is false btw. That statement is only true on systems without CFW. As you said in your last sentence, Luma patches ASLR, which broke the oothax installer on 11+. Luma allows access to the oothax installer on 11+, so you can install the save file with a Luma console. I know this because I've done it before. I've used a Luma console to install the hacked save for a non-hacked system.
Good to know, thanks! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.