Gaming "Install Data" on CFW?

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find out install game data (using "Install Data" option on some games) actually does anything if using an ISO on CFW. I've been doing a bit of reading up on this and keep getting conflicting reports. I know there are special "enhancements" if you install game data for certain games. The game I see talked about the most is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. If you install game data, the models of weapons and armor show up without having to press . Just trying to get a solid answer on this as I have never really seen a difference.

Also, I've been reading that you CAN'T install game data with CFW as it errors out. I don't have enough room on my memory card to test this myself, so I thought I'd ask.

NOTE: If not allowed to talk about this stuff, I will wipe topic. Please dont ban me.
frown.gif

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Well, generally, install data allows the PSP to read from UMD and Memory stick, thus shorter load times.
However, in CFW, you already play off MS so it doesn't really matter, unless...

...the game has some sort of bonus for installing data, like how Peace Walker wouldn't play Codec Audio (just text) unless you had Data installed (luckily you had the option of a smaller file on your MS)

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Well, generally, install data allows the PSP to read from UMD and Memory stick, thus shorter load times.
However, in CFW, you already play off MS so it doesn't really matter, unless...

...the game has some sort of bonus for installing data, like how Peace Walker wouldn't play Codec Audio (just text) unless you had Data installed (luckily you had the option of a smaller file on your MS)

QUOTE(themuddaload @ Oct 30 2010, 05:44 PM) yea, doesnt generally do much.
on MHFU it makes the item images load without having to press select though >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night