Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh gosh.......
waaaaaait. I tried to share my Mario Party cart from Gateway SYSNAND 4.5 to Gateway SYSNAND 4.5 and it asks me to update to 6x
Where do you see the system version you are updating to?
If it is like you said, I should then use one of my 3DS (which is on 7.1) downgrade it to 4.5 and then do it?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Where do you see the system version you are updating to?
If it is like you said, I should then use one of my 3DS (which is on 7.1) downgrade it to 4.5 and then do it?
if you are in 2.X.X-4 you will not see the update version because was not implemented in that firmware
just make a nand backup and pray
anyway, nothing must go wrong if you downgrade and then share a download play from a cart in 4.x
when you update to 4.5, try to share a higher cart and you will see the version
same happens with carts

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you are in 2.X.X-4 you will not see the update version because was not implemented in that firmware
just make a nand backup and pray
anyway, nothing must go wrong if you downgrade and then share a download play from a cart in 4.x
when you update to 4.5, try to share a higher cart and you will see the version
same happens with carts
Sadly I can't do a NAND backup, is it btw. possible to update to 9.2 and use themehax instead? I would like this more because I don't want to downgrade anything

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Sadly I can't do a NAND backup, is it btw. possible to update to 9.2 and use themehax instead? I would like this more because I don't want to downgrade anything
you can simply update to anywhere between 4.x to 9.2 and use the browser to load rxTools
if you are X.X.X-4 that means your 3DS haves a browser, so you will be able to use it
will update my 3DS via cart to test but it must work

EDIT:
Updated my 3DS from 4.5.0-4E to 7.1.0-4E with my P.Layton VS PW cart and rxTools works with browser, gonna connect my hard mod to rewrite my old nand now...

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,
Reactions: Haninator

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can simply update to anywhere between 4.x to 9.2 and use the browser to load rxTools
if you are X.X.X-4 that means your 3DS haves a browser, so you will be able to use it
will update my 3DS via cart to test but it must work

EDIT:
Updated my 3DS from 4.5.0-4E to 7.1.0-4E with my P.Layton VS PW cart and rxTools works with browser, gonna connect my hard mod to rewrite my old nand now...
That's good. I have a 3DS with 7.1 but my question is if my browser supports browserhax why can't I just do it on

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
That's good. I have a 3DS with 7.1 but my question is if my browser supports browserhax why can't I just do it on
I do not know browserhax but it will (I am re-writing my nand right now) but http://launch.rxtools.net/rxTools works perfectly
I can try gateway with Go-Gateway using a friend's phone or rxtools and gateway using an offline server...

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The problem with DLP is I don't think it transfers the browser, so if your host is 7.x then you will be on a unhackable firmware with a bad browser.

OP since you have a working browser try seeing if the go gateway web exploit allows you to get to the GW menu to do a nand backup. Second if the host system is 6.x or higher backup the nand and temporarily downgrade to 4.x then update to 4.5 when you boot LM2 and then host DLP on sysnand 4.5

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
The problem with DLP is I don't think it transfers the browser, so if your host is 7.x then you will be on a unhackable firmware with a bad browser.

OP since you have a working browser try seeing if the go gateway web exploit allows you to get to the GW menu to do a nand backup. Second if the host system is 6.x or higher backup the nand and temporarily downgrade to 4.x then update to 4.5 when you boot LM2 and then host DLP on sysnand 4.5
I also was with bad browser and it works.
Even in 4.5.0-4E the browser it's not the appropiate and it works

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Thank you for your help, you both :) So you both tried the download play update and it worked? That makes me really happy now
good2help

EDIT:
anyway, I recommendo you to do a hardmod to your console someday and you will have no fear about this.
in the last 4 days I updated and downgraded my 3ds more than 10 times (updated to 10.2, 10.1, 9.4, 7.1 *right now*, downgraded to 4.5 and 9.4, all via hard mod)

Last edited by Chelsea_Fantasy,

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
good2help

EDIT:
anyway, I recommendo you to do a hardmod to your console someday and you will have no fear about this.
in the last 4 days I updated and downgraded my 3ds more than 10 times (updated to 10.2, 10.1, 9.4, 7.1 *right now*, downgraded to 4.5 and 9.4, all via hard mod)
I have not enough knowledge for that, if I had I would

Chelsea_Fantasy

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I have not enough knowledge for that, if I had I would
easy:
you are in 2.1.0-4 so you have a O3DS, so:
1-take a regular 3ds diagram (I can send you one with all the things detailled tomorrow if you like)
2-go to a phone technicians store
3-ask them to do the soldering of the four points for you
4-done! all without any skills

the only thing you will need to do it's to sacrifice a microSD to SD card adaptor and also you will have to buy something to do the connection
for the cables, you can use an old IDE connector, just strip it

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a
easy:
you are in 2.1.0-4 so you have a O3DS, so:
1-take a regular 3ds diagram (I can send you one with all the things detailled tomorrow if you like)
2-go to a phone technicians store
3-ask them to do the soldering of the four points for you
4-done! all without any skills

the only thing you will need to do it's to sacrifice a microSD to SD card adaptor and also you will have to buy something to do the connection
for the cables, you can use an old IDE connector, just strip it
Don't I need the equip for opening it?

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So not related to this, I have a 3DS with 9.2, is it possible to use this one to install the update and then use themehax? Or should I rather use 4.x? Btw. I would use Emunand since the sysnand version is 7.1 and not that useful

Haninator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good to know that ment DLP takes the update from the cart and not the target system. Good to know but Nintendo has it wrong on their site
Don't know, but can you help me, I set emunand up and can boot rxtools, but I want to use mset exploit but it does not work :/ it gives me an error but nothing else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here