Hacking Install CD backups without mounting iso ?

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, as the title suggests, i'd like to install about 10 games into my PS3's 500GB HDD, but i don't want to carry all the CDs with me, but all i can do is mount the backups with MM, any other way around this to install and run directly from XMB ?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is not what you're asking for either I am not sure, but if you install sman you can run backups from xmb. Still have to mount them though, but you can change PS3 setting auto load disc and you just mount and it will run the game.

Reactions: YuseiFD

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this is not what you're asking for either I am not sure, but if you install sman you can run backups from xmb. Still have to mount them though, but you can change PS3 setting auto load disc and you just mount and it will run the game.
Totally agree with you, but is there a way to install the game as a psn download ? Im new to this ps3 stuff, so sorry about the nagging, Google didn't help at all, plus multiman keeps unmounting the games :(

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of games are you talking about all you said was CD backups. Only format that plays CDs are PS1.

If you mean PS3 blu-rays I think I might have heard there is but I could be remembering wrong either way it's not something I've ever done or know how to do. I prefer them to be in ISO/Folder format. I think people on Hen have to do that though but I'm not sure I'm on CFW Rebug.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of games are you talking about all you said was CD backups. Only format that plays CDs are PS1.

If you mean PS3 blu-rays I think I might have heard there is but I could be remembering wrong either way it's not something I've ever done or know how to do. I prefer them to be in ISO/Folder format. I think people on Hen have to do that though but I'm not sure I'm on CFW Rebug.
By cds i mean ps3 blurays, i i ha the god of war collection, from ascension to 3rd, i i ha them backed up, but multiman is a pain, i mount a game, i launch it, i exit the game, it's unmounted now. I just want to install them as of they were psn games, no need to mount.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to google but can't find anything. Maybe someone else knows. But I think you tried sman you'd find it's just as good as having them in psn format, and it would be a hassle to convert them because God of War Ascension is over 40 gb so it would take awhile.

If you want to try it https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=309

It solves the problem of you not having to go inside multiman or any other loader to load your games. You also don't have to convert anything it uses the same locations and covers as Multiman. I would try it and see if you like it got nothing to lose it takes 2 minutes to install.

To install sman:

-put the sprx you download in the link on the root of hdd0, you can use a usb drive and multiman file manager to transfer it there
-In windows make a document and call it boot_plugins.txt and add this to the document /dev_hdd0/sman.sprx save it and put it also in hdd0 root.
-reboot

To autoload isos after mounting go to your PS3 system settings and turn Disc Auto-start on.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

YuseiFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to google but can't find anything. Maybe someone else knows. But I think you tried sman you'd find it's just as good as having them in psn format, and it would be a hassle to convert them because God of War Ascension is over 40 gb so it would take awhile.

If you want to try it https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=309

It solves the problem of you not having to go inside multiman or any other loader to load your games. You also don't have to convert anything it uses the same locations and covers as Multiman. I would try it and see if you like it got nothing to lose it takes 2 minutes to install.

To install sman:

-put the sprx you download in the link on the root of hdd0, you can use a usb drive and multiman file manager to transfer it there
-In windows make a document and call it boot_plugins.txt and add this to the document /dev_hdd0/sman.sprx save it and put it also in hdd0 root.
-reboot

To autoload isos after mounting go to your PS3 system settings and turn Disc Auto-start on.
Niiice, thank you, i'll check it out tomorrow :D

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I forgot to mention if you do install sman don't uninstall multiman. sman uses multiman covers I'm sure you'll want nice covers for your games. You won't have to use multiman anymore just don't delete it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.