Hacking Install Android with Existing Emunand

Epistra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I have done hours of searching for solutions to this. I did come across a few threads and other places that had bits and pieces of information, but not a complete guide.

I am looking to install Android to my Switch without losing all of the contents on the SD card (Emunand, Atmosphere, all game backups, etc.). I know I can use Etcher if I start from scratch. I looked into using DD to image over each partition onto new partitions on the SD, but it seemed Hekate would not pickup the installation. I did notice I was forced to use extended partitions when doing this due to the fact there were before 3 existing ones already on the SD card. Could this be the reason why?

Any help, advice, or links to this solution would be greatly appreciated! I love what you guys do here, its such an awesome community. I hope to be apart of it as well.

*Edit*
I did see another user recently posted this question. However, it seemed that a lot went unanswered. I apologize if I should've responded there instead of opening a new thread.

Last edited by Epistra,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I have done hours of searching for solutions to this. I did come across a few threads and other places that had bits and pieces of information, but not a complete guide.

I am looking to install Android to my Switch without losing all of the contents on the SD card (Emunand, Atmosphere, all game backups, etc.). I know I can use Etcher if I start from scratch. I looked into using DD to image over each partition onto new partitions on the SD, but it seemed Hekate would not pickup the installation. I did notice I was forced to use extended partitions when doing this due to the fact there were before 3 existing ones already on the SD card. Could this be the reason why?

Any help, advice, or links to this solution would be greatly appreciated! I love what you guys do here, its such an awesome community. I hope to be apart of it as well.

*Edit*
I did see another user recently posted this question. However, it seemed that a lot went unanswered. I apologize if I should've responded there instead of opening a new thread.
Have you tried using Hekate?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hekate will only work with unnofficial pie builds.
Your options are to build pie(id recommend zachycatgames “Shitty pie build” tutorial)

otherwise there is an unofficial premade build on this site using the same tutorial if your lazy or dont have the resources.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/noitalog.tokyo/nintendo-switch-android-9-0/?amp=1

Use google translate.
Official Android Oreo will not work with the hekate partition layout.

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone!

*Edit*

You can add all Android partition's after your Emunand but it's very hard whiteout advanced Linux knowledge.
Best way is to Sava all your contant and your Emunand.
Install whit switch SD setup https://github.com/lulle2007200/SwitchSDSetup/releases Android and Emunand.
And restore your Emunand and your content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@