OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
#4 — This dude is arguably as interesting and important as the wide-screen top screen revelation brought about by this image. From the looks of it in the image for their “3D Control Stick” Nintendo has decided to go for something much more akin to the “control nub” on the PSP systems.

SD slot pretty much confirmed, joystick maybe confirmed, etc.

This is all just analysis of a low quality test build motherboard image, so nothing is final obviously.

Source

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still find that really really weird looking and retarded..

Why is the motherboard like way way bigger than the 2 screens when the buttons are quite tiny? Or is this like all/most of the features of the 3DS except it's not in the right shape? I'm confused
wacko.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
More likely it's just some kind of debug/prototype hardware. It has all the same features that the true 3DS unit does (though maybe with a few extra connections for monitoring equipment for when games are being run), but just in a haphazard package.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
from wha ti see there testin g anew wifi chip for later DSi's & the new 3DS commign in the future & they have a DSi screen & a 3DS screen, & buttons, & speaker for input. the 3DS is gonna have 2 wide screens, not sure if both are touch tho. there appears to be a white button & som emore butons & switches in other places on the board.
unsure.gif

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
I still find that really really weird looking and retarded..

Why is the motherboard like way way bigger than the 2 screens when the buttons are quite tiny? Or is this like all/most of the features of the 3DS except it's not in the right shape? I'm confused
wacko.gif

Like the source says, it's a developer's board. So looks and designs have no meaning at this point
smile.gif

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
just a theory, maybe that "widescreen" isn't even a screen at all, it could just as well be a battery and the 2nd screen isn't even featured in the photograph

A reflective battery with a ribbon connector (which lcd's use) rather than a +/- wire right?

Also, no reason to test the prototype with battery power yet. If they can run it at a voltage then a battery of the same voltage will work too.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Saddamsdevil said:
yuyuyup said:
just a theory, maybe that "widescreen" isn't even a screen at all, it could just as well be a battery and the 2nd screen isn't even featured in the photograph

A reflective battery with a ribbon connector (which lcd's use) rather than a +/- wire right?

Also, no reason to test the prototype with battery power yet. If they can run it at a voltage then a battery of the same voltage will work too.
In fact, #8 seems more of a DC connector to me, than a headphone jack (like the site suggests).

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Saddamsdevil said:
yuyuyup said:

In fact, #8 seems more of a DC connector to me, than a headphone jack (like the site suggests).
I agree. Nice and close to the BIOS battery and the power button (black nub bext to the battery)
smile.gif

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saddamsdevil said:
yuyuyup said:

how do you know it's reflective ? Looks solid black to me, especially compared to the small screen which IS reflective.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Saddamsdevil said:
yuyuyup said:

how do you know it's reflective ? Looks solid black to me, especially compared to the small screen which IS reflective.
Its a screen, you can see vague reflections in the screen (not clear but they're there) that a battery is unlikely to have (unless made of cheap, shiny plastic). Also, why would they bother putting a battery on the test-board? Its almost certainly designed to run off the mains, and if it is a battery then where's the 2nd screen which gives us the 3D effect?

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Saddamsdevil said:
yuyuyup said:

I know because;
hnd.png

This is the hand with the camera that took the picture.

Also, I suspect the YELLOW thing on the side to be the 3,5 mm audio jack.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look closer and you will see the rest of the camera reflected in the top screen. Also, it has a ribbon connector, that's all the proof needed to show it's an LCD.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Beware said:
Look closer and you will see the rest of the camera reflected in the top screen. Also, it has a ribbon connector, that's all the proof needed to show it's an LCD.
Exactly what I pointed out
tongue.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there is a lot of empty space on that board, so resizing is definite.

I would still like to see another analog stick and at least one more button. At least then, Gamecube emulation (if even possible) wouldn't have to be a button mapping nightmare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD