Gaming Inside 3DS Game Cartridge?

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was actually wondering myself how to open them, i took a look at my CN-PTE game and cant see anywhere to open it besides prying it open

I

ishdeepsingh

Seaking said:
i was actually wondering myself how to open them, i took a look at my CN-PTE game and cant see anywhere to open it besides prying it open
same, or mabe it slides up like a gba game
@NintendyFan How do you open regular carts?

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2901143/GBATEMP/DSC02059.JPG
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2901143/GBATEMP/DSC02060.JPG

frown.gif
yeah...not too sure how to open it. havnt opened one before, too.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Seaking said:
CannonFoddr said:
NintendyFan said:
Qazar said:
I would like proof of product before attempting to do this, so some pictures of the cases and stickers with today's newspaper will suffice.
We sell them up on ebay and out own website.. is that not proof enough?
Well - how the hell are we suppose to know who you are on ebay so that we can see the products you sell - A search for 'NintendyFan' comes up blank
uh... http://gbatemp.net/t298146-nintendo-ds-deb...p;#entry3728215hes legit.
Who's saying that his not Legit here, but what about on ebay ??

He said that 'they sell them on ebay' and that they have a website, but how do we actually KNOW that he/they do... without actually giving links to either ebay items they're selling or their website.

The problem is that (IFAIK) companies can't post links to their sites on GBATemp so that's out of the question.

As a workaround for this rule - By asking if he/they can post the actual title of one of their items on ebay (e.g. lets say one of their items has an exact title of 'Black Nintendo DS Replacement Cases Boxes New Game')... we can search for it on ebay & then get more info of the company - perhaps even get photos of their existing product & have a better idea IF 3DS card will fit or not

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Seaking said:
CannonFoddr said:
NintendyFan said:
Qazar said:
I would like proof of product before attempting to do this, so some pictures of the cases and stickers with today's newspaper will suffice.
We sell them up on ebay and out own website.. is that not proof enough?
Well - how the hell are we suppose to know who you are on ebay so that we can see the products you sell - A search for 'NintendyFan' comes up blank
uh... http://gbatemp.net/t298146-nintendo-ds-deb...p;#entry3728215hes legit.
Who's saying that his not Legit here, but what about on ebay ??

He said that 'they sell them on ebay' and that they have a website, but how do we actually KNOW that he/they do... without actually giving links to either ebay items they're selling or their website.

The problem is that (IFAIK) companies can't post links to their sites on GBATemp so that's out of the question.

As a workaround for this rule - By asking if he/they can post the actual title of one of their items on ebay (e.g. lets say one of their items has an exact title of 'Black Nintendo DS Replacement Cases Boxes New Game')... we can search for it on ebay & then get more info of the company - perhaps even get photos of their existing product & have a better idea IF 3DS card will fit or not

" nintendo ds replacement game case mod " should be a sufficient enough search term on eBay.
tongue.gif

I

ishdeepsingh

well if you have to break the 'seal', i think i will pass - unless it wont damage the origional cartride (no screwdriver marks, etc

Holyevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was the UMDcase site's guy?

A YouTube video of the colored game cartridge replacements was posted on here.

One thing though, even if you can use DS cases for 3DS games, I'd still want the extra little piece 3DS cartridges have...just for novelty reasons or whatever.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why you can't open a game yourself, why ask someone here to do it? Unless of course you are offering a percentage share in the profits for said research?

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Was it the GBA where the difterence in the shape of GBA and GBC carts told the system which mode to boot in? Only problem might be if the nub presses a switch to boot it in 3DS rather than DS mode. I know some website cut off the nub on Nintendogs to see what happened if you put it in a DSL and if it would be recognised.

What website? I want to see this.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Excuse the bump. I have some relevant information and pictures. Recent discussion about 3DS rom dumping got me in a good mood.

Shown here are pictures of the 3DS cartridge Bust-A-Move Universe. I can confirm the the "nub" on the right side of the cartridge is indeed extra space. This chip was created by Sandisk. Below the flash memory chip is the interface chip (the small chip).
14t80t4.jpg

29c1is2.jpg

32znwux.jpg

I was able to open the cartridge by using two thumbnails. Now it is time to diagnose the cart.

MyrindaKucharski

Trophies
XP
Did you already get someone the open up there game? My dog chewed up the casing for my Mario Kart 7, but the chip looks okay. I'd be willing to try if you haven't gotten someone to do it and if you have does it work? Cause I'm interested in buying some of it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't enter my dragon