briosch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello tempers!

I have a 3ds, gateway, a genuine cartdrige of Monster hunter 4 Ultimate and a Datel Powersave.
Is there any way to inject my gateway savefile to the genuine cart?

Rhokk222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello tempers!

I have a 3ds, gateway, a genuine cartdrige of Monster hunter 4 Ultimate and a Datel Powersave.
Is there any way to inject my gateway savefile to the genuine cart?

I've tried to do this with savedatafiler and was unsuccessful. I was later told its not possible. Best bet is to just start over with your retail card and use the Powersave device to "help" you along a bit faster.

briosch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thanks for the response! I was successful with Powersaves, once I have some time I will write the steps, it-s really easy.

briosch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Things you need: Gateway savefile, Powersaves, computer.

1. Take out the 3ds sd card, the one located in the 3ds and put it in you computer and copy your Gateway savefile (extension .sav)to your computer(go to http://3ds.essh.co/ and check your title id, for Mh4U Usa it's 0004000000126300), then delete the one in the sd card.
  2. open Powersaves, put your genuine cartridge inside.
  3. use Powersaves do back up your cartdrige savefile, from now on we will call it BACKUP.BIN , Powersaves files comes with this extension (if you don't have one start anew and turn off after the first time you save, I'm not sure about this step, maybe it's unnecesary )
  4. go to C:/Users/<Username>/Powersaves3DS there should be the the Powersave backup as you named with the extension .bin
  5. move this .bin file in another folder, copy the Gateway savefile to the C:/Users/<Username>/Powersaves3DS folder and rename it BACKUP.BIN
  6. use Powersaves to restore BACKUP.BIN to the cartridge.
  7. Profit!
  8. It will say that there is no sd file, needs to be created etc...
Hope it helps!

Tellmee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible the other way around?? I have a retail cartridge of MH4U and would like to move the save file to use with the gateway and the rom from the cartridge.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things you need: Gateway savefile, Powersaves, computer.

1. Take out the 3ds sd card, the one located in the 3ds and put it in you computer and copy your Gateway savefile (extension .sav)to your computer(go to http://3ds.essh.co/ and check your title id, for Mh4U Usa it's 0004000000126300), then delete the one in the sd card.
  2. open Powersaves, put your genuine cartridge inside.
  3. use Powersaves do back up your cartdrige savefile, from now on we will call it BACKUP.BIN , Powersaves files comes with this extension (if you don't have one start anew and turn off after the first time you save, I'm not sure about this step, maybe it's unnecesary )
  4. go to C:/Users/<Username>/Powersaves3DS there should be the the Powersave backup as you named with the extension .bin
  5. move this .bin file in another folder, copy the Gateway savefile to the C:/Users/<Username>/Powersaves3DS folder and rename it BACKUP.BIN
  6. use Powersaves to restore BACKUP.BIN to the cartridge.
  7. Profit!
  8. It will say that there is no sd file, needs to be created etc...
Hope it helps!
does this also work for Sky3ds saves?? .sav??? from sky3ds to genuine cart?

Darkfleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Briosch, have you tried this recently? I can't get it to work at all. Every time I do it just gives me "the save data cannot be used" error.

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you use RXtools or can use it you can use savedatafiler i use that along side my gateway if i ever want to inject my saves into retail cart and visa versa

vitaminB_2701

Trophies
XP
Country
if you use RXtools or can use it you can use savedatafiler i use that along side my gateway if i ever want to inject my saves into retail cart and visa versa
Yeah I have done it already. The save work fine on my O3DS (in both Classic GW Mode and CFW Mode), but when I insert the cartridge in my N3DS, it shows "The save data cannot be used...".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo