Infrared Homebrew App?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BlackTearsX, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackTearsX
    OP

BlackTearsX Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Since the 3DS has a Infrared Port would it be possible to send different IR signals of that through a Homebrew?
    So it would act like a TV remote... just with almost infinite buttons (Or as much as the IR Ranges go).

Thanks in advance and i hope it would be possible!

Seriel likes this.
  2. ValouIka

ValouIka ~de geso!

Aug 26, 2015
    France
    Seine-Port (ïle de France)
    I read somewhere 3DS's infrared is specific to the console, and can't be used as a remote

Seriel likes this.
  3. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Biggest issue I've read is that the 3DS's infrared isn't powerful enough so won't have a good enough range to work as a TV remote, which is a shame as the Wii U is GREAT at acting as a Telly remote!

4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
  5. ringo1206

ringo1206 Banned

Banned
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    I'm guessing it's possible, but the Nintendo 3DS IR receiver/transmitter is VERY low powered. I've seen it through my camera as I was using my NFC Reader/Writer.

SomeGamer likes this.
  6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the 3DS infrared is not on the same wavelenght that IR remote for TV.
    if it's higher, it could probably be modulated to lower it, but I'm not sure it's possible.
    I have an universal IR receiver I could use to do some tests if needed, but I have a O3DS. I can't test N3DS homebrew.

I'll close this thread, it's the second one in a week about the same subject. please use the main IR thread linked above.

SomeGamer and ringo1206 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.