Hardware Informations about wireless USB devices and signal extender

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi again, sorry if I did another thread always around this argoment but this time the discussion is not exactly the same.
Pratically more than a week ago I moved from my home and now I've a new room;the problem in this new room is wifi signal of my router is not available where I am so I need something to solve this.
These are the soluctions I found for now:
Use my phone like router(Don't like this because the connection is usefull for hundred reasons)
Buy a signal extender
Buy an USB wifi connector(the Nintendo pen)

Ok and now I would have some questions for you:

1 If I use my smartphone like hotspot only for my 3ds,how many connection is usually used by the 3ds?Because if it is very low this would be nice
2 Signal extender would be also great,but if I buy that then the signal and the speed of connection are always of the router without interference or lower speed?
3 Which is the difference between an USB pen Nintendo and an unbranded one? I know the Nintendo one require you choose to connect via pen from wifi settings because is the official connector,but what if not?Like a normal connection?
And always about the third point I would have another doubt on Nintendo pen VS a generical one :
The signal generated by the pen is the same of my router or has a mbps limit?Because the generical ones,like I think Nintendo pen is the same,have 300,600,ecc...mbps

Thank you infinitely for your attention and be grateful also if I'll receive some of these points and not all :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi again, sorry if I did another thread always around this argoment but this time the discussion is not exactly the same.
Pratically more than a week ago I moved from my home and now I've a new room;the problem in this new room is wifi signal of my router is not available where I am so I need something to solve this.
These are the soluctions I found for now:
Use my phone like router(Don't like this because the connection is usefull for hundred reasons)
Buy a signal extender
Buy an USB wifi connector(the Nintendo pen)

Ok and now I would have some questions for you:

1 If I use my smartphone like hotspot only for my 3ds,how many connection is usually used by the 3ds?Because if it is very low this would be nice
2 Signal extender would be also great,but if I buy that then the signal and the speed of connection are always of the router without interference or lower speed?
3 Which is the difference between an USB pen Nintendo and an unbranded one? I know the Nintendo one require you choose to connect via pen from wifi settings because is the official connector,but what if not?Like a normal connection?
And always about the third point I would have another doubt on Nintendo pen VS a generical one :
The signal generated by the pen is the same of my router or has a mbps limit?Because the generical ones,like I think Nintendo pen is the same,have 300,600,ecc...mbps

Thank you infinitely for your attention and be grateful also if I'll receive some of these points and not all :)
I think a wifi repeater would be the best solution. The Nintendo Wifi USB Connector might not work on newer Windows versions and you would only be able to use it with Nintendo consoles anyway. Edit: Also, it's limited to 802.11g I think, which is really slow. Not that the 3DS supports 802.11n or better anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think a wifi repeater would be the best solution. The Nintendo Wifi USB Connector might not work on newer Windows versions and you would only be able to use it with Nintendo consoles anyway. Edit: Also, it's limited to 802.11g I think, which is really slow. Not that the 3DS supports 802.11n or better anyway.

Thank you for your reply :)
You know which types 3ds supports?

Seem Nintendo usb pen is not compatible with windows 7 or above so it is not usefull anymore

Last edited by gengardenne,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for your reply :)
You know which types 3ds supports?

Seem Nintendo usb pen is not compatible with windows 7 or above so it is not usefull anymore
I think 3DS is limited to 802.11g judging by the speed.
Theoretically you can use pretty much any wifi dongle or wifi card as a hotspot, either using Connectify Hotspot, Virtual Router or something similar. However I've had no luck getting my 3DS to connect to such a hotspot, it either would not see the hotspot or would not connect to it no matter what I tried, other people seem to have had success with it though.
A wifi repeater is at least guaranteed to work, and you don't need your PC on all the time to use it.

Reactions: gengardenne

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think 3DS is limited to 802.11g judging by the speed.
Theoretically you can use pretty much any wifi dongle or wifi card as a hotspot, either using Connectify Hotspot, Virtual Router or something similar. However I've had no luck getting my 3DS to connect to such a hotspot, it either would not see the hotspot or would not connect to it no matter what I tried, other people seem to have had success with it though.
A wifi repeater is at least guaranteed to work, and you don't need your PC on all the time to use it.
Maybe you wrong something with your wifi dongle?Anyway thank you to both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-