Hacking information

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about buying a xbox 360 for a good deal and I was just wanting some information about hacking it if I decide to get it.

xk3y is likely out of the question at least for now but what I want out of this system is to play games off its hard drive but if I have to burn them i can do that.

I was also wondering if there was much difference between xk3y and custom firmware besides the install methods and difficulty of install.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-60gb-tomb-raider-value-bundle/117281

this is the system I was thinking of getting, as it looks like a really good deal.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
100 quid for a phatty....
Well...
No, I wouldn't take it personally.

Anyway, if you're looking for playing games off off the HDD then your only way is to RGH it.
This however takes away the ability to play on Xbox Live.

Flashing the drive can be tricky as you need the correct SATA chipset in yer PC and possibly a probe.

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i don't know what to buy but if you got some ideas I would be happy to take it but I can't spend alot atm, also I don't care if its a 4gb as I can get a 500gb hdd for 50$ if its the same hdd as a pc and I don't care about games as I just plan to play on the HDD as for online I only play that on my ps3. So I don't need to worry about xbox live. Thanks for your input in RGH as I can likely google or youtube that to find out more now that I know what I am looking for.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Judging from yer "I can't spend a lot" and willing to "youtube" tutorials.
I'd say bring it to a modshop and ask if they can RGH it.
It's maybe a tad more expensive then DIYing it.
Not to mention it involves some skill in soldering.

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I got a few questions then

if I were to do just dvds instead of hdd would I have to solder since I can do that but I don't really want to. I would prefer some kind of custom firmware to be honest?

Also I don't think I can find a modshop where I live since I live in the middle of nowhere.

Last thing is what is wrong with that phat console? Is slim really worth the 50-150 dollors more?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's no custom firmware for the 360.
Only thing that comes close is a flashed DVD drive.
Probing the DVD drive depends on the type you get (Liteons require a probe)

Try the nearest city in yer vicinity, there's bound to be a few, if not, Craigslist might have a modder or 2.
Or you could shelf out some money and send it to a member of Team Xecuter.

Phatties are RRoD consoles (first 2 revisions)
Falcons/Jaspers (MFR date 2008 and up) are less suspectible to RRoD.

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking into it a bit more I think I will hold off on this for a little while. Maybe next year when I have finished college I will go at this again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...