Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just scooped up a 500GB maxtor onetouch for $50 + free shipping

1) Found the drive at Staples
2) Got a $25 off $75 staples coupon at E-junkie
3) Signed up for Ebates (2% cashback + $5 signup bonus)
4) Searched ebates for "staples"
5) Accessed staples through ebates, staples for "maxtor 500GB", found my drive, and ordered, adding in my coupon from E-junkies.

Pretty sure this kinda pwns the other hard drive "Deals" posted here....

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the checkout and so far nothing over the color, the other model is Titanium but 10 dollars more yet the same size.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you assume we pirate bro?

I hate the noise Brawl makes and I love the faster loading in metroid prime 3.

I like to think it's like the Ps3/360 with installations to ease the loading.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
What i have is a verrrrrry old 60 gb Sata drive in an enclosure from many years ago and i dumped most of my games onto that. However i just ordered a WD 400GB off of NewEgg for around $100 (not a passport) that is usb powered so should work well as ive heard.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
haru3173 said:
I bought WD MyBook 500gb HD. I didn't get passport because I don't trust usb powered hd's.

On the contrary, in this case, USB powered HD is more reliable because it is more trouble free from the sleep mode.
rolleyes.gif

greevedogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
It's fine, haha. I didn't even bother to look, I just chose a few random drives.

I'm a console modder, so the size does matter to me. Today I opened my wii to begin a new mod, sticking an internal hard drive in..But it doesnt work because Waninkoko's USB-Loader won't run if your DVD drive is disconnected
frown.gif

So i'm just waiting for additional support I guess.

I wonder if there's a way to keep the ribbon cable connected to the disc side controller while stripping it off the optical drive so there's room for an internal drive and the wii usb loader still believes there's a disc drive present?

(I've got the WD Elements 400gb hdd which is usb powered and it works like a champ!)
yaypsp.gif

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1co281 said:
Still can't decide what to get ;x. So I'm bumping

QUOTE(ganons @ May 3 2009, 02:31 PM) So what is the best brand usb powerd usb drive?
is there any read write speed to look out for?

I have the WD Passport Essentials 500GB. I had to open it up and connect it to my PC's SATA port to change the spindown time to over 5 hours. I had to void my warranty in the process. I was lucky. I had the B7B firmware. If it was the newer B8B, I wouldn't have been able to fix it.

Do yourself a favor, ignore the people in this thread advocating the WD. Buy a Seagate FreeAgent Go drive instead. It has a 5 year warranty vs. 3 years for the WD and you can turn off the spindown completely without opening it up.

gocolorsilver.jpg

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hdhacker said:
r1co281 said:

QUOTE(ganons @ May 3 2009, 02:31 PM) So what is the best brand usb powerd usb drive?

I have the WD Passport Essentials 500GB. I had to open it up and connect it to my PC's SATA port to change the spindown time to over 5 hours. I had to void my warranty in the process. I was lucky. I had the B7B firmware. If it was the newer B8B, I wouldn't have been able to fix it.

Do yourself a favor, ignore the people in this thread advocating the WD. Buy a Seagate FreeAgent Go drive instead. It has a 5 year warranty vs. 3 years for the WD and you can turn off the spindown completely without opening it up.

gocolorsilver.jpg

Staples has the Seagate Go drive on sale with a free dock and case for this week only,
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/scd...084__Supplies_2

boo_se

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
hdhacker said:
r1co281 said:

gocolorsilver.jpg

Staples has the Seagate Go drive on sale with a free dock and case for this week only,
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/scd...084__Supplies_2

Thanks for the info. Guess im not getting a WD passport then.

I would like to know. Have anyone made tests what is best to use for the usb loader? Like usb sticks, 5400rpm hdd's, 7200rpm's etc. What medium loads the games fastest ? is there a big difference between the 5400rpm and 7200rpm hdd's ? -thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu