Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
shineek said:
well not all , Death Blow , Marksman , Commander , those are usable in close combat so you they only work on post like 1st officer and security posts , but for other C-Type Skills than yes 1st officer is the onlyo ne or at least Medic didnt work on any other positions . but the help menu in games says the same that the c-type skills are only usable from the 1st officer .

It is weird that Medic works only from the 1st officer post. Also , the help menu doesn't have descriptions for most of the abilities, still confused as to what "Calm and Collected" does.

EDIT : I just learned that the Help system displays info for all the abilities only somewhere towards the end of Chapter 3. WTF? So , we're supposed not to know about how to use any of the Character's special abilities until that point in the story ?

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
probably not need until that point,
about calm and collected if its c-type skill ,(i dont have my ds now so i cant check) the it was the one upping dex

cocoluco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playin +20 hours and I have only 3 ships, I am on the nova nacio vs. kalypos part of the game, did i forget to talk to someone or I have to wait???

very good game

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
@arkansaw well you probably should know that this game want end anything soon , because its 80 hours long and that if you count the pure scenario , if you add side missions , recruiting and some grinding to get better ships and all , than it around 100-120 hours .

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
what sound issue?? you mean that the sound is too silent?? i dont mind cause i dont need to undub it cause the VA is so silent i mostly dont hear it , the only thing good in the US versions VA are that they are silent .

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if someone could create AR codes to handle the sound levels. Bump up the music and voices and back-off the sound effects.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Rayder said:
It would be cool if someone could create AR codes to handle the sound levels. Bump up the music and voices and back-off the sound effects.

+1 to that , or maybe find a Headset that can boost volume. I've had one of those before. Oh, and the Help system finally displayed everyone's Special Abilities.

Seems to trigger right after Gen teaches Yuri the "Final Roar" ability.
The boss fights at Medyn were ridiculously easy thanks to Gen's formation ability + Final Roar.

Btw, are Battleships worth the price? Seems like you can do equally well with Cruisers and Destroyers.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
well the earlier battleships are only better in power , armor and durability , the later ones are a lot more better , but i always use a formation of 1 destroyer , 1 cruiser , 1 battleship . the only thing now that looks bad for me is that im in chapter 4 and i didnt recriut redimir , and now i cant anymore , the problem is that he unloacks 2 other crew members in chapters 5 and 6 and the are good so im kinda screwd and i have to start over .

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tachyon1986 said:
It is weird that Medic works only from the 1st officer post. Also , the help menu doesn't have descriptions for most of the abilities, still confused as to what "Calm and Collected" does.

EDIT : I just learned that the Help system displays info for all the abilities only somewhere towards the end of Chapter 3. WTF? So , we're supposed not to know about how to use any of the Character's special abilities until that point in the story ?

Yeah, that seems pretty stupid that you can only use that healing ability when having Kira as your FO, especially since her leadership skill is so low.

As an aside, the CTA does offer that info much earlier on than what you're saying. It's updated constantly, so be sure to check it often. I was able to read up on the info you're referring to while still on the first chapter.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
After over 28 hours of gameplay (this is THE longest game I've ever played to finish). I have to say this is such a good game. I love the story (wondering if there is an anime for this :l ?) and challenging.

This is the best game for the DS and wish it had wifi xD the story reminds me so much of TWEWY concept idk but thats my opinion.

The thing that ticks me though is the ending :@ they could have made it better instead of just showing Yuri's ship. I mean maybe atleast show who the Overlords were and how they got back and such :@.

Btw, for those who've finished the game, anyone thinks if theres people living on Earth? I know it's not called Earth, something like Tetra.

AWESOME GAME!

timmyisme22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off the current beaten path of the thread, but still fun to hear about: a glitch the devolpers and QC people missed!
(Yes, their are slight spoilers for anyone who didn't play this story line) PostedSubmitted this to game faqs. Should appear soon.

Well, it's after the war between the Nova Nacions and the Kalymnosians. If you had sided with the Kalymnosian's (haven't tested the other side to check for similar effects), you'll be able to move about the sectors after wining the fight on the planet Najbaro and having the crew get split-up for your further travels into the LMC. At this point, if you return to the central planets, nothing will have changed since the war began/ended.

If you head to the original "Alliance HQ" on Basiliscus where you first got your initiation into the military, you'll be able to have the same chat with the LT. and Dellis/Pappas. At that point, you'll be able to re-recruit Dellis and become re-iniated back into the army (with the 5000G bonus to boot) without re-playing the story. You'll have with you Dellis and Pappas (since Pappas joined your crew after the fights) and the story goes on as if this little event didn't occur a second time. Dellis is just another able body able to fight for you, yet doesn't say a word or cause any issues with the game (So far at least. Different save just in case).

Just re-visted Najbaro and nothing different, then returned to Basiliscus and it was the typical message of when there's nothing to do there. Saves read as chapter eight still and the story carries on as it should. Dellis has remained in my party so far so shouldn't cause any issues (hopefully).

Fun times I say. Wierd times, but fun all the same.

wtfATOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf this game is lame... my first time playing an SRPG . I'm already stuck right after i got past the void gate... shits way too difficult for me.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
shineek said:
@arkansaw well you probably should know that this game want end anything soon , because its 80 hours long and that if you count the pure scenario , if you add side missions , recruiting and some grinding to get better ships and all , than it around 100-120 hours .

yeap...I completed the main game in slightly more than 60 actually
and I just got a real copy. It has some flaws, but still, one Grus of an amazing game. Brings back fond memories of Freespace too

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
wtfATOM said:
wtf this game is lame... my first time playing an SRPG . I'm already stuck right after i got past the void gate... shits way too difficult for me.

maybe if you are used to pokemon type of games... this game does not have a low learning curve, but it is still one I find to be reasonable

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
shineek said:
well the earlier battleships are only better in power , armor and durability , the later ones are a lot more better , but i always use a formation of 1 destroyer , 1 cruiser , 1 battleship . the only thing now that looks bad for me is that im in chapter 4 and i didnt recriut redimir , and now i cant anymore , the problem is that he unloacks 2 other crew members in chapters 5 and 6 and the are good so im kinda screwd and i have to start over .

It is not hard to rack up on firepower in late game, but I'm still trying to find a good combination of Gauge Speed, Survivability (Armor,Durability), Speed(Battle,Cruise), Module Space in that order of priority

qlwo, not necessary to restart, that's what New Game+ is for
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning