OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Infinate Space Help Thread is here!!!
Ask all your questions related to the game here!
For organizational sake, please include this in your post

PLEASE READ: As i delve deeper in the game, i notice that the [Fleet] option for this topic is quite a general pin. Therefore, i am now seperating Crew Management and Ship Management. The two new options that replace [Fleet] are: [Crew] and [Ship]. Ship also includes Fleet Formations

LEGEND:
[Story] = Anything related about story progression (use spoiler tags please)
[Battle] = Anything related to the battle system
[Ship] = Anything related to your fleet, moduels, weapons, formations etc.
[Crew] = Anything related to your crew members, member skills, crew assignments

Zack_Wilder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[story] So I just started the game, and maybe I'm being really stupid or something, but I just left ropesk, and I don't know where to go. I got to the void gate, and it won't let me progress. I took that delivery job at the planet before the void gate, but now I don't know where to go.

On a side note, I find it awfully hard to click the buttons. I often have to try to hit it multiple times before it finally registers my click. I've recalibrated my screen and everything, but still it's a problem. Is this a known problem with the game itself, or some form of antipiracy to make playing the rom unenjoyable, or a problem on my end? Nothing of the sort happens with any other games I play, so I doubt its a problem on my end, but still.

frnzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent had any problem with the touchscreen and responsiveness.
[battle]What i Cant figure out is I am on act 2 after going through the void gate and get getting destroyed by this pirate group m m dd. I can always take 1 or 2 ships out but getting hit by normal attacks kills me in like 2 hits or 1 barrage. I've been trying to stay back, wait for a barrage dodge and punish but i keep getting killed.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frnzy said:
I havent had any problem with the touchscreen and responsiveness.
[battle]What i Cant figure out is I am on act 2 after going through the void gate and get getting destroyed by this pirate group m m dd. I can always take 1 or 2 ships out but getting hit by normal attacks kills me in like 2 hits or 1 barrage. I've been trying to stay back, wait for a barrage dodge and punish but i keep getting killed.

Ugh, I'm stuck at the same part. Those DD class ships always wipe me out. They always use a normal attack when I dodge, or a barrage just after my ship does a normal attack. I even got a shield upgrade and I'm still being wiped out.

I've so far enjoyed the game for the most part, but this is getting frustrating.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Not having much of a problem with the enemy destroyers myself, just make sure you attack the ships in the front row first, if you attack the one way in the back chances are you're just going to constantly miss.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
frnzy said:
I have been attacking the first ship first but that darn barrage. Just need to be hit by 1 to die.
Here's my general tatic:
Start ALWAYS by going back. Defense is a good offense. Now watch your enemy's color carefully. if they suddenly go from red to yellow or yellow to green, this indicates that they are on dodge, and that you should steer clear of barrages.A trick i like to use (which i think will be affective against human players mostly) is to let your command bar charge to full (while retreating) then activate dodge if they are in the red. It'll leave 1 red bar so your color won't change. From here you can start going forward. The enemy is most likly going to barrage or normal hit you. Don't do anything until they are in the green color state and they have made a move. This gives you a 90% chance of a nice clean barrage, and usually a 1hit KO against these random encounters.
When you get melee, use it instead of barrage unless they are retreating and you can't catch up

[Story]
Ok i just got saved by Commandor V. (can't spell) from Novoarod(?) Pirates and he's not at the HQ and i have no clue what to do.

Bambou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sa1amandra said:
Start ALWAYS by going back. Defense is a good offense. Now watch your enemy's color carefully. if they suddenly go from red to yellow or yellow to green, this indicates that they are on dodge, and that you should steer clear of barrages.A trick i like to use (which i think will be affective against human players mostly) is to let your command bar charge to full (while retreating) then activate dodge if they are in the red. It'll leave 1 red bar so your color won't change. From here you can start going forward. The enemy is most likly going to barrage or normal hit you. Don't do anything until they are in the green color state and they have made a move. This gives you a 90% chance of a nice clean barrage, and usually a 1hit KO against these random encounters.

And me that was desperatly trying to understand how I could work that 'dodge' out, thanks bud. o/

Guess I'd rather quit WoW, my RPG adaptation is getting near to zero right now ]:

we1221

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sa1amandra said:
frnzy said:
I have been attacking the first ship first but that darn barrage. Just need to be hit by 1 to die.
Here's my general tatic:
When you get melee, use it instead of barrage unless they are retreating and you can't catch up

[Story]
Ok i just got saved by Commandor V. (can't spell) from Novoarod(?) Pirates and he's not at the HQ and i have no clue what to do.

to met commandor v go to to plant lutsk and talk to tatiana she will join your crew then you can met him at hq

fiva55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am currently busy with a quest to wipe out the pirates that appear between ostrog an nerekto. I must have at least destroyed 5-10 of their fleets, but I still cant complete the mission. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*ugh does this have ap im gonna get my head off of hg/ss till its fixed and this seems epic

idk y im askin works on m3 fine probably cya

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiva55 said:
I am currently busy with a quest to wipe out the pirates that appear between ostrog an nerekto. I must have at least destroyed 5-10 of their fleets, but I still cant complete the mission. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Thats got to be the mission devided in two parts? one is to search for some old militäry guy and the other is to destroy the priate base in the region?
I´m still looking for the old guy, but the pirate base can you find when you go Nerekhto - Zarub - Gorodok, at Gorodok you go to the tavern and speak some with the waitres untill your party gets drunk, when they wake up Ian and the waitress will be taken by pirates and you have to go after them through the two asteroid fields nearby, thats where I´m stuck at this questline, because I can´t seem to find the deflector I need to get through the asteroid storm.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[Fleet] How the hell do I get more crew? I'm still pretty early in the game, but seeing all these empty slots when assigning crew is depressing the shit out of me.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maitosuklaa said:
[Fleet] How the hell do I get more crew? I'm still pretty early in the game, but seeing all these empty slots when assigning crew is depressing the shit out of me.
Don't worry! Your slots will slowly fill up. There's a Guild in the Luskt Sector, so get your fame (i think) high to get 2 new non-story crewmembers.

QUOTE(SirCB85 @ Mar 20 2010, 10:45 AM)
I´m still looking for the old guy, but the pirate base can you find when you go Nerekhto - Zarub - Gorodok, at Gorodok you go to the tavern and speak some with the waitres untill your party gets drunk, when they wake up Ian and the waitress will be taken by pirates and you have to go after them through the two asteroid fields nearby, thats where I´m stuck at this questline, because I can´t seem to find the deflector I need to get through the asteroid storm.
In the Luskt Sector, if you went to all the Traverns, you should have met an old man, who's name was ??? and had this shy kid with him. He's the old man your looking for. Sorry but i can't remember which planet exactly (I think it was the one that starts with a 'N' near the Area 1 Void Gate

PLEASE READ: As i delve deeper in the game, i notice that the [Fleet] option for this topic is quite a general pin. Therefore, i am now seperating Crew Management and Ship Management. The two new options that replace [Fleet] are: [Crew] and [Ship]. Ship also includes Fleet Formations

galric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deflector Dish - To get this item you first have to settle "The dispute" in central system That Oleg had you working on. After you accomplish that head for Ostrog's Tavern and check for jobs. You should get sent to Alatyr which will now have a Science Lab location, Chat it up inside. When you leave the Science Lab hit up the Module Company and miraculously they will have new crap to sell. Including the d**n Deflector Dish to get through the meteor showers.

copied from Places to go, People to see by AbBaNdOn

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fiva55 said:
Same here. I have asked every damn barkeeper for info (several times), traveled every route possible (numerous times),
but still no luck finishing this damn quest.

So BIG WARNING to everyone else:
Do not accept the quest in the Driutesk tavern (kill pirates between Nerekhta and Ostrog)
otherwise no other barkeeper will give you another one!

IF anyone is able to solve this quest, please let me know. I am way too far to start over again.

fiva55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game is truly epic, just finished chapter 8. Playing as adult Yuri now
tongue.gif

Anyway, you can find the pirates on the asteroid planet named ??? between Nerekta and Ostrog. Took me a while to figure that one out. Tell me if you can find it.

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fiva55 said:
The game is truly epic, just finished chapter 8. Playing as adult Yuri now
tongue.gif

Anyway, you can find the pirates on the asteroid planet named ??? between Nerekta and Ostrog. Took me a while to figure that one out. Tell me if you can find it.
You are joking, aren't you? I really can't believe it.
I always flew through that point (I never stopped there, duh!)
EDIT: You are right! Thanks a lot mate, those poor pirates against 2 Borodino and a Rurik... ho ho ho

Btw. while searching the whole time I earned the cash for 2 fully equiped battleships (all modules you can get until this point).

SPOILER (sorry, don't know how to hide otherwise)
...and did you know:
- paying in the Medic HQ 500G 2 times will get you blueprints for Sickbay Lv2 and Deflector Lv1
- talking to the farmer in the MEADOW 2 times will unlock a new crew member who can be "hired" at the military base
- flying with him back to the MEADOW and talking again with the farmer will give you the blueprints for a Observation room Lv1
- after defeating the pirate boss(es), saying thanks at the hospital will unlock 2 new crew members...
just follow the obvious hint

fiva55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is another tip, auto save works just fine, but you have to scroll down to see the auto save when trying to load a save.

a_russak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Battle]So I just got access to using a second ship. And I can see him during battles. But how do the second ship? I don't see a way on my battle screen to use them...so what are they there for? Because if one of my ships dies with two out, I lose....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: