Homebrew [indev] TreeHome - custom home menu template

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can not wait to see what comes of this. In all honesty, all I want is the home menu to overall look the same, but have the ability to put down more than 300 3DS titles, more than 40 DS titles, and as many badges as I please. Seems like all that should be possible with something like this.

Also, would we be able to have the theme randomize between more than just 10 themes? That would be amazing.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: smileyhead

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes :P
Btw, I think it's possible to rewrite the 3DS's software down until FIRM (only possible with firmlaunch tho').

Welp, iirc the 300 title limit is only with the official home menu, so ye :P
DS(i), well... if you can fit more than 40 (or hell, even more than 8) DS(i)Ware on TWLNAND, then probably :P
3dsx launcher... since *hax relies on the official home menu's code, you would need to compile *hax payload so it wouldn't need to be ROP'd.
Well, I am failing at getting a CFW version of that working. :-P If you have any tips for creating a system service in a module please PM me. :-D

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to create a home menu that automatically launches NTR? That might be interesting.
Though BootNTR seems to rely on the home menu version/data to launch it, so I'm not sure.

Another thought, could custom home menus could be installed as the test menu, so as to retain the original home menu and possibly not conflict with updates?

Reactions: Yudowat

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be possible to create a home menu that automatically launches NTR? That might be interesting.
Though BootNTR seems to rely on the home menu version/data to launch it, so I'm not sure.

Another thought, could custom home menus could be installed as the test menu, so as to retain the original home menu and possibly not conflict with updates?
Mmm... BootNTR and ntr.bin itself uses stuff from vanilla home menu, we need at least a modified BootNTR, but not sure if it will mess ntr.bin

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's already using test menu's title ID.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can not wait to see what comes of this. In all honesty, all I want is the home menu to overall look the same, but have the ability to put down more than 300 3DS titles, more than 40 DS titles, and as many badges as I please. Seems like all that should be possible with something like this.

Also, would we be able to have the theme randomize between more than just 10 themes? That would be amazing.
What you just described sounds like a modded Home Menu rather than what this project aims to achieve.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mmm... BootNTR and ntr.bin itself uses stuff from vanilla home menu, we need at least a modified BootNTR, but not sure if it will mess ntr.bin

If the whole Home Menu is being replaced, why not create a custom "NTR"? At that point you've got free reign to do whatever from what I understand. NTR relies heavily on the Home Menu, but if you've got a custom Home Menu you can just integrate whatever NTR features tightly into the Home Menu itself.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If the whole Home Menu is being replaced, why not create a custom "NTR"? At that point you've got free reign to do whatever from what I understand. NTR relies heavily on the Home Menu, but if you've got a custom Home Menu you can just integrate whatever NTR features tightly into the Home Menu itself.
The HOME Menu is not getting replaced. The test menu is.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, I am failing at getting a CFW version of that working. :-P If you have any tips for creating a system service in a module please PM me. :-D

Since school started, I can't work on many things at once, so this'll be a challange for a later time.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It boots into this new Test Menu though, right? Unless the regular Home Menu still runs in the background it should theoretically be possible.

"new" test menu?

Anyways, on old3DS if you enter another system applet (like Notifications), the home menu will die. If you have the Home Menu TitleID set to something different than the original home menu, the system will launch that instead. Since the Test Menu isn't programmed to be relaunched, it'll crash the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp