Homebrew In the market for a homebrew device, but I need a little help...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If this is in the wrong place then please move it to wherever it is supposed to be. This is my first post, so I don't quite have the ropes here yet >_>

Anyway, I'm in the market for a homebrew device, but I'm looking to run certain games and I'm not entirely sure where I can find a list of what games work with what cards... I don't have the money to buy multiple cards (lack of money is only half of the reason I want one), so I need one that can take care of everything I need.

I'm looking to run FF4 DS, Castlevania PoR, the Phoenix Wright games, Trauma Center 2 (plus a few others, but these are the main ones) and one other game which is the MAIN reason I'm getting one...

Daigasso! Band Brothers DX
Now, I already have the actual game, but see, there's a whole bunch of user-created songs for the game, and the only way to access it would be to use a homebrew device (as well as a save editor, but that as well as all of the songs are already on my computer, but without a way to swap out the save into the editor, which is why I need the device), and to do this I need a cart that is compatible with the game's 8 MB save file.

HOWEVER
There is also currently a tool that will allow me to take the songs already on my real cart, and dump the save onto my computer and then give my songs to the other members of the community, but the tool only currently works with a Slot-2 card. Now, a Slot-1 card seems the most logical overall, but I won't be able to use this tool... And, as I've heard (though it may not be true), slot 2 cards are generally not as good (or as easy to use, for a moron like me) as Slot 1 cards... I would like to contribute what I could, but I don't want to sacrifice efficiency, especially for all the other games I intend to run.

So, what do you guys think I should do? Are there any cards that will work with all of these games? Are there any slot 2 devices that are just as good as slot 1 devices, that won't sacrifice efficiency?
Also, where's the best place to get said card?

Also, if it matters at all, I have a DS Phat, and I'm also considering some NES/SNES/GBA emulation, but its not a requirement.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much anything will work for what you require, but anyways, unless if you want Very many optional features like Real time saving and stuff, But anyways, I would recommend either the AceKard 2/RPG or the DS toptoy and the EZ flash 3-in-1 Slot-2 loader

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh and another important thing, it NEEDS to support DBBDX's download play >_>
Best DS multiplayer, by far.
Anyway um, what about the R4? I hear that one is really good, but I know pretty much nothing about the homebrew scene >_>

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4 is pretty good, but i was recommending those others solely because they are usually cheaper and have SDHC compatibility and again they are usually cheaper, but the R4 is still pretty reliable For just a Flashcart, and that's all you really need, except for the slot 2 device For Backups or whatever and whatnot.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to play DBBDX properly with no problems, i would suggest DSTT, they run it with no problems and its cheap. If you want more features and one that can dl play that game, i would also suggest an Acekard plus a 3in1 ezflash.

Slyde1052

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
I have a good time with my DSTT. It's very easy to use (Drag and Drop files, what could be easier?), supports SDHC (meaning you can use micro SD cards that are in excess of 2GB), and DLDI patching is not a factor. So far the only detraction I have for the little thing is that it doesn't support Wii-DS stuff, such as pokemon D/P-Pokemon Battle Rev.

But other than that, it's great. Cheap too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGKzqIQfzE